which?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Moocow11

ok here are the bulls i am thinking about. OK which is better for club calves, and which for breeding heifers? All the heifers are maine, maine crosses, and one is a limmy cross., most of them need cleaner fronts, most need more bone and hair?

maine: witch dr, Majors MoneyMan, Hard core,  Foreplay, All abut you, Ali, Witch Doctor
Shorthorn: Jake's Proud Jazz,
angus: BEB Juneau,OCC Legend 616L

Doc

He is TH & PHA free. He is a roan , but that is one thing no one can guarantee you. Another option you might want to think about is NPS Durango x, (THF) full sib to Mattis & Mirage. He really puts some powerhouse calves on the ground & the momma's are awesome. Solution, Primo, & all the other full sibs are out of a Durango dtr.

Show Heifer

Juneau will make really nice cows, easy keeping, productive
Legend is a relatively new bull, but genetic wise he is sound, IF you like smaller cattle. (and I do mean small!)
I would recommend either of those bulls.....but would lean toward Juneau as he is more proven!

OH Breeder

Heifers.
dont count out Northern Improvement. He makes them really fancy and believe it or not he is gives them some hair. I would not use All About You on heifers. I am surprised that Red hasn't weighed in on Majors Money Man. Total Solution has produced some really showy calves. They seem to come small and they are nice.

afhm

Check out the Chill Factor son named Shiver.  His calves have some pretty cool fronts on them.  Caldwell and CK Cattle own him.

Jill

If you want to stay Maine papered I like Money Man and Hard Core, on the Shorthorn side I like Jakes Proud Jazz, just remember with all 3 of these bulls you are probably going to be downsizing your cattle that is what they do,so it depends on how large framed your cattle are,  your going to get a clubbier style calf that can be used for breeding.  I wouldn't breed Angus if you are looking for clubby, I have a Legend that I love if you are just looking for replacements, but you are going to get sloppy fronts on him, don't have any experience with any of the others with the exception of Ali and I don't think he brings as much to table as the 3 listed above, doesn't make them near as pretty or clean for my taste.

CPL

OH Breeder said:
Heifers.
dont count out Northern Improvement. He makes them really fancy and believe it or not he is gives them some hair.

I really like the calves I've seen by Northern Improvement.

red

As much as I love my Foreplay's, they don't have the best hair sometimes. So if you are looking for hair, they need to get it from their dam.

Red