White Boy calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

clubcalve

Has any one seen any white boy calves at all he looks good and he has a pretty interesting pedigree (Heat WaveXPB Charolais) Your opion of him would be apreaciated to.                    Thanks

DLD

ROMAX said:
beefy08 said:
Charolais have those marks anyway. But you can't see them beause they are white marks on a white animal.
HUH

I'm not touchin' that one.

But aside from that, the White Boy's I've seen are nice and sound and complete, but they just tend to be a little on the plainer side.

farmboy

charolias cattle can have grey areas and white areas . ive got two smoke cows who are about half grey and half white

garybob

ROMAX said:
If he is half charolais why does he have hereford markings?
There were a lot of  Hereford, Shorthorn, Baldy, and , even....Dairy-beef cross cows used in the up-grading process, when Charolais were first imported. I have seen Yellow-roan calves crop-up in registered Charolais herds.

GB

showsteerdlux

ROMAX said:
If he is half charolais why does he have hereford markings?
Where are you seeing the Hereford markings?
I have seen alot of 1/2 blood charolais, and he looks like one of them. IMHO he doesnt look to have a bit of hereford or hereford apperance to him.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
When we started in Chars in early 60's  we shipped a load up from Kyle Texas an they were mostly higher percentage but some of them were dark red an they were considered purebreds but in the state of Ne. for quite a few years most of the Charolais herds were mixed with Brahma .  This is proably the reason Charolais fought disposition an grading.

steermaker

The calf pictured in my avatar is a White Boy out of a Black Impact cow.  This picture was taken in October when she was 5 months old.  Am waiting for a White Boy out of a WMW cow.  Should calve any day now.  I am planning to breed the BI cow with White Boy again this year.

PaddyO

All the ones I have seen have been ripped with muscle, big topped, pretty good on their feet and legs. And I would have to agree with zach.... just kinda plain in their looks,  Also, his calves arent very good from their shoulders up, which hurts and gives them that plain look, in my mind....

afhm

Those hereford colored markings are probabaly coming through the Heat Wave side of the pedigree.  we all know he will throw every color nder the sun.