white hair..........

Help Support Steer Planet:

OhShOwEr

I have a white heifer and need some advise to keep her white...i rinse all the time, but still she gets stained up...i swear she finds a pile of poop and decides to lay in it..haha  any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Dusty

OhShOwEr said:
I have a white heifer and need some advise to keep her white...i rinse all the time, but still she gets stained up...i swear she finds a pile of poop and decides to lay in it..haha  any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Sullivan bright lights shampoo is good.  But she'll most likely still have stains.  Even the big time show heifers will have usually have slight stained hair on the lower quarter usually.  I wouldn't worry about her legs, you'll most likely paint those white anyway.

shortyjock89

Bright Lights is fantastic, and we have used Oxy Clean in the past. Just make sure that you rinse it out or it will burn their skin.  When they start to get dancy, then it's time to wash it out.  I think there is also a leave in sort of hair polish from Sullivan's that is supposed to help too. 

OhShOwEr said:

i almost have the same problem my steer has white legs and a white belly so i was asking everyone about that. any white animal is going to get stains it is just natural. kind of like white shirts at my house. i have heard from a more experienced showmen that any type of blueing will work so long as it is not used in great amounts. other wise you will turn them blue. after all it is blueing. any simple brand should do great things for white cattle.

inthebarnagain

We accidently discovered a great stain remover and preventative.  Back to the ethnic hair care section for the tubs of cholesterol conditioner.  The one we got was cholesterol, shea butter and mango and was orange.  We coated the white parts of our heifers legs because we were dying her black sunburned hair black again and didn't want the white to pick up black color.  When we washed the conditioner out her legs were significantly whiter. 

SWMO

What breed of white heifer?  You CANNOT use any paint on Charolais per association rules.  Brite lights and rinse.  You have to even be careful using glue that is tinted white.  it is not allowed to be used as a coloring agent.

Almost all we show is charolais and a small amount of discoloration is going to happen.  Rinse Rinse Rinse.

Latest posts