Who else would you like a live chat with?

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

RSC said:
TJ said:
RSC said:
I thought last night's chat with Kirk was cool.  Who else would you like a chat with?

Here are a few I think would be interesting.

1. Dr Beaver
2. Christy Collins
3. Kit Pharo
4. Fred DeRouchey
5. Jerry Adamson
6. Temple Grandin
7. Farwest

Any other thoughts?

Tony

That is a pretty interesting list that would certainly make for some interesting chats... especially if the 2 Lowline breeders on that list got picked.   ;)
Good point, what was I thinking scratch those 2 off.   (clapping) Jerry would be a good one that would cover alot of interests.  Club Calf breeder, Lowline breeder, judge  and Cattle Rancher.  Not sure he's into the internet but would be fun to chat with.

Tony

Jerry would be really good, with a wide variety of experiences, but like you, I'm not sure how much he's into the internet... I think that he lets his partners handle all the online stuff, but I may be wrong.  On the other hand, Kit is into the internet & he would probably jump all over the opportunity, but I'm not sure how well his advice on daily hair care, fitting, hoof care, and show rations would go over on this board.  ;)

Throttle

a lot of good ideas in this thread... I had thought of jbh. He has been through most facets of the clubby business at a pretty high level, plus has been through this year's crop of bulls (and several years before this), plus is a leader in the always evolving internet marketing and video areas...or maybe Dr. Faber for the cutting edge reproductive expertise... or maybe someone who is just really well known for being able to get one ready for a show, like a family, say Campbell's from Ohio, or maybe Grauer's or someone like that who could talk about daily care, routines for hair, showmanship, training, feeding, etc...What is the family that people would consider the best hands out there to have one in? Get them (maybe we already did in that first live chat I guess)

RSC

Throttle said:
a lot of good ideas in this thread... I had thought of jbh. He has been through most facets of the clubby business at a pretty high level, plus has been through this year's crop of bulls (and several years before this), plus is a leader in the always evolving internet marketing and video areas...or maybe Dr. Faber for the cutting edge reproductive expertise... or maybe someone who is just really well known for being able to get one ready for a show, like a family, say Campbell's from Ohio, or maybe Grauer's or someone like that who could talk about daily care, routines for hair, showmanship, training, feeding, etc...What is the family that people would consider the best hands out there to have one in? Get them (maybe we already did in that first live chat I guess)
Two really good ideas here.  Dr Faber would be fun to chat with as well as JBH.  I know JBH is on here alot but a live chat that pertained to anything where he had to open his soul would be fun.  ::)  I think my first question to him would be: What did you have for breakfast the day you went on air as anchor and did you throw up?  <rock>

Tony

jbw

That would be fun to pick the brain of Mr. Hook, I bet he has some real good experiences that he could share. ???

Dr. Faber would be interesting, I would like to hear how invisions the cattle industry in 5-10 years, with cloning and such.

I think that Greg Kroupa, Dr. Mimms, Jerry Adamsen, Bob May,Mike Treinen,Tracy G,Wade R., Dave Guyer and Steve Bohnam would all be great to hear about where and how this industry is headed and what tools we will use to get there.

ingram

Cory Schrag. Bill Rasor.Jim Willams. and Brian Cates these are true breed leaders. They not only are multipliers but they devlope cow famlies that last forever. Some of the angus breeders would be Paul Hill.Bill Wilson. Dick Beck . Maybe on the history of the breeds would Tom Burke and Dr.Roger Hunsely for the shorthorns. But who ever you I'm sure it will be great

ROMAX

You can pm jbh anytime any of you want to so why would we need a live chat with him?i have pmed him questions a couple of times any he always replys,GREAT GUY

jason

We have someone lined up, it will be a different format this time.  I am holding details until we firm the date up.

jbw

I think it would be pretty cool if you could do a live video feed.

big shot

Jack Stoltz who else can say they have sold 5000 to 20000 dollar steers in the last 30 years and is still going first person to sell a 10000 dollar steer in the north that i can remember

knabe

Jason said:
We have someone lined up, it will be a different format this time.  I am holding details until we firm the date up.

you keep this up and you will have to quit your day job.

jason

Alright cat out of the bag on this one.

The plan is to stream a video feed of Brad Hook answering your questions live on steerplanet. 

Credit to Brad on agreeing to do it and credit to Jeff at cattle.com with hooking me up with the suggestion of a website to stream from. 

The plan is to embed the video stream right above chat box.  I also plan to upgrade to an ajax live chat which will can make calls and updates without reloading the entire page.