Who gets your business (and money).

Help Support Steer Planet:

savaged

My "herd goals" are increasingly focused on these core pieces:  1) cows versatile enough in their genetics and build to consistently produce high quality females, high or half percentage breed calves (maine or simmental), or club steers depending on how you breed them.  2)  a focus on soundness and good maternal traits (milk, calving ease), and 3) good temperament.

That said, I know cows like these are both tough to find and expensive. 

If you were me, with the above in mind,  where - or whose sale - would you go to buy a bred heifer or cow ( assume a $10,000 budget)?

Gargan

I see a lot of really good, maternal oriented females sell in griswalds sale every december. plenty of them too. also, last year, probably the best set of females i saw sell that were more clubby oriented was Reimann and Rodger's 1st Class Female Sale.

ZNT

The focus of your herd sounds very similar to the focus we have here at ZNT Cattle Co.  I sent you a P.M.

vet tech

The top end at Donors Unlimited is an option. There are tons of great sales.

Mill Iron A

One resource that has been widely untapped with the goals you have in mind is to use red angus for the other "half" of what you want.  I don't think you have to ask too many people to find out that docility is one of the best traits red angus have combined with soundness.  Sure it depends on which bull you use but if you would like I could steer you towards a few bulls that would keep the clubby look you want and also bring the versatility and above traits intact.

Latest posts