Who has better calves and why

Help Support Steer Planet:

Alpha

Blue Blood - Hannible x Double Stuff
Manchild - Hannible x Double Stuff
Hired Man - Hannible x Double Stuff

CAB

Forgot Rainmaker.
  I would personally rather use Hannibal or a PB SH given those choices. Too inconsistant IMO.

chambero

I haven't and don't plan to use any of them.  But I have a friend that had a Manchild calf last year (would have been born Fall 07).  He wasn't much to look at at all last summer.  Didn't see him again till our county show.  That calf had changed more and "finished" better than any calf I've seen in a long time.  He wasn't a great calf in the end (too heavy fronted), but he really finished and matured into a pretty good calf for what he started out as.  I've heard second hand from some others that his calves do mature and finish well.

cowz

I have one manchild calf that I am not terribly impressed by.  I love the rainmakers.  I liked hannibal enough that I still have 20 in the tank.

I probably would not use any on the list in the future.  I never was a fan of double stuff.  Good luck, but watch your TH status on what you use a double stuff composite with!    JMHO :p  PS:  We have had reserve at a 100 head county fair with a Hannibal.

bcosu

i have seen three hired mans. two were twin heifers and they were both pretty nice just small. they had good lines appeared to be adequate in their bone and were square hipped and looked good on their legs for being less than a week old. they other heifer was pretty good but just not extreme in any real manner but she was pretty good overall. i wouldn't call him a steer bull but i think he will make some nice heifers especially since he is th clean unlike manchild.

C-CROSS

We have liked our manchlds, only one rainmaker and it is kinda a monkey mouth

BCCC

I would take manchild over any of them....I dont like the hired man calves that I have seen

showsteer11

i would take  manchild but i do belive it has more to do with wat they are bred to  in my opinion cow power is verry important

gwarp

Manchild's are good if you want something pretty to look at for 12 months. After 12 months or so you may want to cry

jallen

We have a pretty blue roan hefier that should of been a steer. Great looking calf and have had great luck with double stuff and pb angus.