Who is going to the Shorthorn Junior Nationals ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

We are planning to go with our three new calves and our heifer we showed last year. It will be my boys first time and the 2nd ever show for my youngest son.

red

It's in Lawton too isn't it? You'll have a great time! I've got my best family memories from the junior nationals we went to!
What are some of the things they do there? The Maines have a cook-off contest, scape books, public speaking, salesmanship, showmanship & a lot of other great things.

We'' want pictures of the calves closer to the time too!

Red

Will

May I be the first to welcome you to Oklahoma.  I know you and your family will have a great time.  I plan on going down a few days to watch.  We are going to watch a couple heifers we have sold.

Limiman

We took limis to Lawton last year. It was great except it was 118 one day. Have a great trip.

red

Where is yours this year Limiman?

118! I'd be under the misters w/ the cattle!

Red

WCC

118 was due to the extreme drought we were in last summer.  You could have several days in the high 90's or maybe low 100's with heat index.

shortyjock89

i would love to go....too bad Oklahoma is too far for us to go...i cant wait until next year when its in IL, even though it means extra work for all us Juniors that live there!  (lol)

cowz

Good Luck to all of you at Shorty Jr. Nationals.    We always talk about going, but never get there!    Be sure and report back all the details.  Junior Nationals, whatever the breed, are so much fun!!!  It is something the kids will never forget.  It is the most dirty show clothes you will ever pile up in your life!!!!!  I swear, last year it was at least 12 loads!!  Wouldnt have missed all the fun for anything!

shortdawg

They will have pretty much all the same contests they have with the maines. A girl we show with will be going out to the maine jr. nat'ls. Her calves and three of our 4 come from Elgin, OK so, I guess we'll see how the hometown cattle will do in OK.

Limiman

This year our junior natiionals is in West Monore, LA . Hoping its not to hot or humid down there. (lol) We are taking 4 heifers down there.  This is my sisters first year showing at junior nationals. If shorthorn nationals is as fun as limis  sure it will be a great time.