who made who

Help Support Steer Planet:

dn91

I would say so, we had a first calf heifer that was bred to him, we pulled that calf out buy nothin to big so I would say he'd work on second calf heifers

sizzler14

Number one, a man said something to me that was never truer. He said Who Made Who work on everything!!!! WMW is in my opinion the best bull ever. when monopoly females prove themselves as cows then he will be but until then wmw threw steers and heifers. Number two we have calves out 10 heifers to wmw never touched one so he is dang sure fine for a second calver. expect an 80 pound calf

DakotaCow

He sure doesn't work on cattle that are already questionable in terms of structure. I don't have an issue with him and birthweight but I find very little use for those kind of females. They may work in small operations but treat them as real beef cows and see who sorts to the cull pen.....just saying. <cowboy>

ejoe326

Agreed on the structure.  I have seen more than a few that were structural nightmares.

I love my Who cows but I was really careful on what I used him on. 

sizzler14

just remember one small detail. WMW is known as the greatest female maker ever that is a clubby bull...  <party>

DakotaCow

sizzler14 said:
just remember one small detail. WMW is known as the greatest female maker ever that is a clubby bull...  <party>

I guess your right, it is a small detail. In the ever shrinking gene pool of club calf genetics wmw daughters have simply been the ones who suck the least. Though not sure he is the greatest female maker ever that is clubby. Face it many bulls never even get sampled, much less get promoted like wmw has. 

bryan6807

WMW females with angus and simmy on the dam side make decent cows. as far as the greatest, I remember Witch Doctor and Foreplay daughters being awesome producers as well, they still work if you can find them.

sizzler14

Thats right I forgot. There are a lot of bulls out there that are so good that nobody does want to promote them. Gotcha  <beer>

sizzler14

Not only did he throw great cows how bout his sons who also threw great cows. ~ Total Solution, Hannibal., Dr. Who., Easy Out, Ree Heights, Guns and Roses, simple math  ,whos best, the gift,boo hoo, cheap trick, who da man, whos your daddy, hide n watch, whos cool, money make, poision arrow, whos got the heat,
Now popular bulls out of wmw cows.
alias
buffalo bill
freak show
tebow
boardwalk
draggin shag
true blood, yuma, shockwave,
mississippi stud, holy smoke, sherriff taylor, gold key, mams boy, game plan, show business, hog, my turn, white chocolate, next step, friday night lights, alabama slammer,
home brew johnny walker red rocky balboa Man Among Boys (hard core x wmw) Heater from van meter, sure bet, pac man, breather easy, frank the tank, the golden child
I apologize if I forgot any, Thats just off the top of my head. So please, tell me how his females are junk. Who else did this that was true clubby bull? WMW and Full Flush is a toss up. Will admit that. But atleast
18 sons are A.I bulls and atleast 32 are out of WMW cows and I am Positive I forgot some.

bryan6807

Didn't say they were junk. I remember 10 years ago alot of guys would not use him because of structural issues. I witnessed this. After 15 years or so, people have it figured out what he works on thus making marketable cattle. the same can be said for a bull like Meyer 734. I was not bashing the bull. I have seen a lot of good cattle sired by who. I have also seen a lot of less desirable cattle sired by him as well.

pweaver

WMW is a bull that had to wait to be figured out.  In the mid to late 90's when everything had to be WMW there were va LOT of train wrecks.  I think he was being used on clubby bred cows.  Finally, he was used on purebreds that were sound with some flex and unrestrained movement and he added the power and pretty.  IMO

sizzler14

imo there are crippled cattle all over the country in too many operations. why do you think we have all these joint supplements for now?

Newton

Bovine Chaos said:
WMW females with angus and simmy on the dam side make decent cows. as far as the greatest, I remember Witch Doctor and Foreplay daughters being awesome producers as well, they still work if you can find them.

do you have any experience with witch doctor? i bred him to my alias/sunseeker heifer and was wondering how big the calves were. shes has a bad front end and she doesnt have a alot of width from behind.

mark tenenbaum

Roll with it Sizzler <party>-I thought I did some lists,and you spelled everything right too. Ive seen some good Witchdoctors out of Shorthorns-1 in particular was raised by Carlsons-who finally got fed up and got into maines. As far as structure-Shorthorns usually are about as sound as cattle get (yea: some are hard doing looking,too big etc,but they can walk)-so I dont think Who would hurt anything there. O0

steerkid21

With all of this being said, what breed cows does WMW work best on? We just bought a couple straws out of him and now with all of this structural talk being discussed, I am nervous we made a bad choice. With the cost of his semen, I am worried about taking that loss.

ai er

Hairietta is probably one of the highest dollar making cows over the past several years, and she's a Who.

bryan6807

Newton said:
Bovine Chaos said:

do you have any experience with witch doctor? i bred him to my alias/sunseeker heifer and was wondering how big the calves were. shes has a bad front end and she doesnt have a alot of width from behind.

I have seen some small calves, but they were out of angus cows that usually threw small calves anyway. I would watch your heifer. The bull only does half the work and with your heifer bred like that you may get a bigger calf. I really would not consider him a cow changer, he seems to compliment the cow more than anything.

Latest posts