Who' s your favorite new 2011 Lautner bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cotton9

Just curious on what everyone's thoughts are on the new Lautner bulls...

Oats

Haven't studied them hard but I liked Bodacious when I saw him at Hawkeye.

DakotaCow

I do like bodacious for his loose structure and balanced look. I have not seen him in stud yet. The bull that really caught my eye was Red Dirt, but I am a fan on Leroy brown so his dam does help a bit. As for red bull I thought it was interesting that Lautners warned against falling for full sibs to their bulls and that they have the best of the best. In this one bull they have a name that is already occupied by a full sib to heatwave and a bull sib to takin charge of Trausch farms. Just kind of silly i guess. I also thought it interesting that apparently the day of the 20 dollar semen is gone. :mad:

trevorgreycattleco

Why do the Heatwave clones look so different then the Original Gangsta Heatwave? Just fed different? I got the catalog the other day and couldn't help but notice the difference.

SFASUshowman

Clones are not always gonna be an exact stamp of the animal they are cloned from...genotypically they are as close as you can possibly make one and should produce about the same.  But phenotypically there are a lot of things that can be variables. Undoubtedly they are not all gonna be carried by the same cow so there are differences in development in utero, they arent all gonna be born under the exact same climatic situation so that will cause some difference, other things can also affect development...did one get sick and not the other, did they all eat the same thing, did they all eat as well...a lot of things influence phenotype, thus they arent all gonna look the same. 

e/bcattle

Prior to the catalog coming out Bodacious and Smokin Hottie were the two of choice.  Now I am also really liking Searsboro, Packin Heat, Red Dirt, Alabama Slammer, and Unstoppable.  Not a big fan of Six Pack.

hntwhitetail

trevorgreycattleco said:
Why do the Heatwave clones look so different then the Original Gangsta Heatwave? Just fed different? I got the catalog the other day and couldn't help but notice the difference.

People fit a little different today, than when HW came out.

shortyjock89

hntwhitetail said:
trevorgreycattleco said:

People fit a little different today, than when HW came out.

I know that we fit quite a bit different now.  We also feed a lot different. Back then it was a lot less fiber and roughage.