Who's going to NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

CM Cattle

Is anyone going to NAILE? Personaly I can't wait!!! I was wondering, has anyone ever purchased a steer at the club calf sale there? If so how did it turn out, and what was the price range? Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks, Morris Cattle

ShowmanQ

Personally, I know a family from our county who goes there every year and buys calves. Prices are reasonable most of the time, and the calves seem to be fairly good quality. About like any sale really, don't let the "Louisville" title throw you off, just like any other sale basically...the good ones make the money and the rest sell for less, with some exceptions.

CM Cattle

I have went to the rodeo there for several years, but I just got into showing last year. So I was hoping this year I could get a steer while i'm there. I may be going there with a friend to show also.
Thanks for your advise, Morris Cattle

Malinda

CM,

I have never personally purchased steers in Louisville but know of some deals over the years. Be sure the seller is reputable. For a couple of years (and several years ago) there were RUMORS flying around about doctored calves. Just do your homework on the seller. Be sure the seller can be 'found' if you have a problem. If you return a steer, get CASH, not a check. Hint.

I am taking a 'non fat and therefore will not show well' Shorthorn bull. He'll be easy to find....he'll be one of the thinnest bull in the barn. I thought it would be fun to see a bull that is what he is. I'm tired of hearing about Shorthorns being hard keepers, so this little guy has not been pushed. It's in genetic lines, not an entire breed. Wow, I didn't mean to get on a roll here!

I think the SP folks should get together and put a face on the name. I'll arrive on Wed. the 13th and leave Tues the 18th.

I wish you the best on finding a steer.

Malinda

Diamond

We will be heading down again, it will be out third year attending, and its always an inpressive show. A  show friend of mine bought her steer down there and she liked him alot.

red

I am hoping to get there for the Maine Show. First time in over 8 years not showing.

Red

CM Cattle

I am planning on getting there eary sat morn, but I might be there fri as well.
Thanks for everones comments, Morris Cattle

linnettejane

ill be there fri, sat (showing our 2 plus heifers), sun watching the heifer futurity...not sure what day we are coming home yet....would kind of like to stick around mon. and watch the open show...
hope i get to meet everyone!  im pretty excited, this is my first time taking cattle, been several times to watch...

shortdawg

I'll be there but just not sure if I'll be taking any cattle yet. I did enter two heifers but just not sure how far along our harvest will be by then. I'll have to be there for the Annual Meeting on Sat.

uluru

I will get there late afternoon, early evening Friday and leave after the show on Monday.
I also will be at the annual meeting as a delegate.

See you there..............Bob

Latest posts