Whos in charge?

Help Support Steer Planet:

NHR

Who is moderating the boards now? I want my old moderators back!!!!

:mad:

ROAD WARRIOR

this is the crossroad that will make or break this board - where do you go from here?

Jill

I guess I don't understand, what is the function of a moderator.  It was my understanding from the beginning "no post were to be pulled" so what are they moderating?  The definition of a moderator is a person granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum, do we have rules and I missed them?  I guess to answer the question if the moderators are all gone, that would leave Jason in charge.

farmboy

to the above, being a moderator is to make sure things dont get out of hand and or to remove obscenites.

perfect example, i get on the big show forum and see "college girl B&^$ J^&"( and DL just logged on, i refreshed the page and it was gone

Another ex. Red locked jbarls one thingy and started it again, went much better

post the e scrabble or WAG in the opposite, they can move those

dori36

I  think it would be nice if the owner or the board would make a post here, or start a new thread, explaining the direction the board is going to take.  I just joined so don't have the history of many of you, but I would hate to see this become a free for all.  Or, if that's the "new direction", let us know so those that want to scoot out can do so.  SOOO, Board Owner - where are you?? ::)  Do you exist?  When I looked at your profile, you hardly ever post anything.  Maybe you disappeared, too!!  Yikes!

jason

Hey, its me.  Posting a new thread on the subject.  Things have been hectic last couple days.

DL

Jason said:
Hey, its me.  Posting a new thread on the subject.  Things have been hectic last couple days.

IMVHO YOU OWE US ALL AN EXPLANATION - WE ALL HAVE HECTIC DAYS AND WE ALL HAVE THE COMMON COURTESY TO BE DECENT TO EACH OTHER OR APOLOGIZE TO EACH OTHER - YOUR RESPONSE IS LAME 

jason

DL said:
Jason said:

IMVHO YOU OWE US ALL AN EXPLANATION - WE ALL HAVE HECTIC DAYS AND WE ALL HAVE THE COMMON COURTESY TO BE DECENT TO EACH OTHER OR APOLOGIZE TO EACH OTHER - YOUR RESPONSE IS LAME 

I pm'd you last night and this morning, let me know if you need anything else.

jason

JbarL

farmboy said:
to the above, being a moderator is to make sure things dont get out of hand and or to remove obscenites.

perfect example, i get on the big show forum and see "college girl B&^$ J^&"( and DL just logged on, i refreshed the page and it was gone

Another ex. Red locked jbarls one thingy and started it again, went much better

post the e scrabble or WAG in the opposite, they can move those

thought i was done but..... when red locked jbarls one "thingy".....and started it again...what exactually made it better???...as i recall it was a topic on
"maine futures"  and its content was simply asking opinions on amaa's role in the current pha direction, and opinions on the good case/ bad case scenieros for the future of the maine breeds organized/associations  intrgerity?  ie ... is the amaa doing enough/anything in an organized/timely/healthy stock direction or is the current state of affairs with pha  in a  comfortable/ sound position as an accountable  breed registery ?....  thanks  jbarthingy

Jill

I guess I am missing what the issue is here??  The same people are in charge that have always been in charge.  The moderators didn't die, they are still posting and still voicing opinions the only difference is that they are doing it as people instead of in the moderator function. Yes, Jason should have sent DL a pm and let her know what he was going to do before he did it, but that didn't happen, he can't change that it happened.  I would venture to say that most of us (including me)didn't even know what a moderator was, I looked yesterday and have yet to find where the rules are listed, so I guess to answer your question of who is in charge, the answer is Jason and Austin, the same people that have always been in charge.

This is a great board and it's success is a tribute to the moderators that built it in the beginning and brought most of us here, this is my favorite by a long way of the 4 boards I read, and I don't think the changes that have been made will affect it one iota.  The old saying put your finger in a glass of water and see how big of a whole it makes when you pull it out seems to fit here, this board isn't going to fall apart because 3 people are no longer moderators, the sky is not falling, there are 1209 members and while I have a huge amount of respect for each of them, I don't think the sucess of the board hinges on 3 of people.JMO

OH Breeder

Jill said:
I guess I am missing what the issue is here??  The same people are in charge that have always been in charge.  The moderators didn't die, they are still posting and still voicing opinions the only difference is that they are doing it as people instead of in the moderator function. Yes, Jason should have sent DL a pm and let her know what he was going to do before he did it, but that didn't happen, he can't change that it happened.  I would venture to say that most of us (including me)didn't even know what a moderator was, I looked yesterday and have yet to find where the rules are listed, so I guess to answer your question of who is in charge, the answer is Jason and Austin, the same people that have always been in charge.

This is a great board and it's success is a tribute to the moderators that built it in the beginning and brought most of us here, this is my favorite by a long way of the 4 boards I read, and I don't think the changes that have been made will affect it one iota.   The old saying put your finger in a glass of water and see how big of a whole it makes when you pull it out seems to fit here, this board isn't going to fall apart because 3 people are no longer moderators, the sky is not falling, there are 1209 members and while I have a huge amount of respect for each of them, I don't think the sucess of the board hinges on 3 of people.JMO

Agree. thanks jill.

red

Spot on Jill! Wow, you did a great job w/ that. I've always felt the board is made up of us all. No one person or group defines this community. Just as no one topic defines it.
Keep on posting & reading. Keep on producing good cattle. Keep on believing & trusting.

Red

Show Heifer

Exactly what am I suppose to BELIEVE? Or trust?  And I do believe that one or two folks CAN (not always) define a community.

Anyway.....don't care who's in charge, just didn't like the way it all went down. I'll either get over it or I won't.

Change of course here: Harvest is in full swing, and hearing corn having aflotoxin and molds....I have had BAD experiences with bad corn and was wondering if anyone else is hearing of the problems....ethanol plants won't take aflo-corn, so where does it go? Also, what happens to the MILLIONS of bushels of corn that is pile outside and gets rained and snowed on?????

red

believe & trust in the Lord.

I still don't think that one or two people make up this community. As far as you getting over it, that's your choice. It's done & over with. Jason posted a very good response. When people overstep their authority things happen. Nothing has been said about people modifying, cutting & pasting posts. That was the reason Cowz & I elected to resign. It was hoped the previous actions would put a stop to it but some just need to find ways to step around those restrictions. I've held my tongue but to be honest I'm tired of it being rehashed.

Red

knabe

after you've had corn beef hash, it's not possible to rehash it.  i'm done.  what about them fullbloods?  yes i have contacted a few in texas.  just wanted to know if anyone saw something in the fullbloods from a purebred or chi/maine perspective.

Latest posts