NHR

My favorite 3 right now are:

Changed to the Lot Numbers:

29a
1b
25c

Next 2 I like

oakbar

If you like the looks of 7424 you might be interested to know that we purchased the 886 donor from Schrag's on their sale last fall.  She had an excellent heifer calf out of Deadwood in October and is currently being flushed to Grey Goose.  We will probably offer some of these embryos for sale later this spring.

oakbar

Thanks for the welcome!!  I have followed your website for several months and I really enjoy how positive and friendly it is compared to many of the others.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Augusta Pride 886(she was pictured in the Schrag catalog last fall)or her calves yet.  She is still in Marion until they complete the flushing process.  I'll ask Cory if they have any pictures that might be useful.  We don't even have any pictures yet of this year's Deadwood heifer(born the week after we bought 886) and we're anxious to see her.  The Schrag's say they really like her a lot!!  I'll post any pictures I can come up with.

The weather and calving!!

I noticed a lot of people discussing the weather lately.  We had our own experience on Wed. morning when our first calf was born in -15 degree weather(-25 wind chill).    I was there within minutes of the birth(we watched it on our barn camera)and his ears were almost frozen.  I think we got to him in time to save them though.  He's a Sin City out of our Anchor cow.  She's produced several good club calves for us including 4 calves that have been Grand or Reserve Champion prospect calves at our very competitive local show.  This one looks like he could be pretty good too!

We'll have a total of 13 cows calving in the next few weeks--4 within the next 10 days--and we're hoping for a little better weather for the rest of them.    We're excited about this year's prospective calf crop.  We're expecting SH calves out of Sonny, Tonic, Deadwood, Vortec, and our bull.  He's a TrumpXAugusta Pride 330H son(we bought him in Sullivan's 2006 fall sale).  His mother is a Reserve National Champion, he has a full sister--CF Augusta Pride 395 that was the O5 National Junior Calf Show Champion.  Two other full sibs were featured as Lots 1 & 1A in the Cylcone Trace Sale last fall.  Half embryo interest on #1 sold for $17,000 to Sullivan's and 1A sold bred to K-Kim Super Jazz for $11,250.

In addition, we'll have a couple of clubby breds(Who Made Who)and Maines(Money Man and ALI).  Most of our calves this year will be for sale as my oldest daughter is now in college and my youngest daughter is busy enough with sports, etc. that she won't be able to work with as many this year.  Besides, I really enjoy raising them more than showing anyway and we have so many young heifers and cows that we are at our max as far as breeding stock goes.  I enjoy watching the young people excel with calves they have purchased from us more than actually showing myself.  We may get into the purebred SH shows a little this year with my daughter's Trump/Lovely Lady heifer and her Tonic/CF Carmele TP 021 heifer.  Maybe we'll get to know some of you SH enthusiasts a little better then.

If anybody would like additional, specific info on any of the expected calves, please let me know.  I guess I better stop now before I bore everyone my very first time on the site.

The coffeepot is always on at Oakbar Ranch if you're ever in North Iowa and want to talk cattle.