why not post prices? this is crazy

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cow Chaser

I don't think your going to have to put your exact address but look at my profile, my address is West Cental Illinois, it gives somebody looking a general idea where you are.  Its just a great way to save some time.

jason

mooch said:
Make the price a range then. 1000-2500.2500-5000,5000-7500 etc . enough info with out airing your laundry . I agree with Gone West us old people grew up when it was rude to ask what ya made and other questions.

Not a bad idea, or at least have hat option along with a place to post the exact figure.

jason

Cow Chaser said:
I don't think your going to have to put your exact address but look at my profile, my address is West Cental Illinois, it gives somebody looking a general idea where you are.  Its just a great way to save some time.

Yep, correct.  I would prefer a city,state, zip, but I can live with narrowing on a section of a state.  No actual addresses though.

lightnin4

Jason said:
Cow Chaser said:

Yep, correct.  I would prefer a city,state, zip, but I can live with narrowing on a section of a state.  No actual addresses though.

General locations like West Central Illinois would be good enough for me.  I know that if I'm interested in a calf, I'll drive that far (no matter what city it's in).  But, in the same respect, there's usually no need for me to inquire further about a calf that's located in California.  If it's close enough that I'd go pick it up, then I have no problem asking for a price.

ALTSIMMY 79

Sounds like the man in charge is making a plan ! From what i hear so far i like it ! Ill admit the first ad i put on here didnt have price or location and let me tell you , ill never do it that way again ! After a hundred PMs asking the same questions i got real sick of it quick. As far as the people that think selling cattle needs to be a secrete service type of deal , do it eleswhere like was said before.

GONEWEST

ALTSIMMY 79 said:
Sounds like the man in charge is making a plan ! From what i hear so far i like it ! Ill admit the first ad i put on here didnt have price or location and let me tell you , ill never do it that way again ! After a hundred PMs asking the same questions i got real sick of it quick. As far as the people that think selling cattle needs to be a secrete service type of deal , do it eleswhere like was said before.

Traders don't want anyone knowing what they paid for the calf they are trying to sell or even who they bought it from unless it's advantageous to them. My families don't want anyone to know their business. What right is it of yours to tell me how or where to conduct my business or theirs? Why do you consider that a "secret service type deal?" Why don't you post your house payment, your car payment, your electric bill, your credit card amounts and payments, total money owed to the bank  along with your taxes paid and a copy of your pay check stub if you have one? I doubt many people would be willing to post all that for public knowledge. Just because this happens to be a COW and not a credit card payment doesn't mean you have the right to know their business.

AND that doing it else where cuts both ways.

ALTSIMMY 79

GONEWEST - I dont recall personally directing any of my opinions to you whatsoever ! But this one i am ! I could care less how you want to do things just think that if the moderator asks us to do something in BIG RED LETTERS , we should have some repect and try to work with it !!!! End of discussion !!!!

jason

Just a note, I might have misrepresented what I said above.  I will have a price field, but it will not be mandatory.

Location will be mandatory, but you do not have to pinpoint a city, only a region. ie. southeast kansas

(thumbsup)

jason

While I have you all here, might as well ask another question.

Do you guys hate it when someone posts a different topic for each calf and ends up with 7 topics back to back? Would you prefer it was kept in one topic, especially if the person is listing them the same day/time?

Doc

Jason said:

Do you guys hate it when someone posts a different topic for each calf and ends up with 7 topics back to back? Would you prefer it was kept in one topic, especially if the person is listing them the same day/time?

Not really, Jason. I mean the person might have a Shorthorn hfr & a Char. hfr . The Char. wouldn't interest me , but the Shortie would. If the heading was "hfrs for sale" I might not open it.

jason

Doc said:
Jason said:

Not really, Jason. I mean the person might have a Shorthorn hfr & a Char. hfr . The Char. wouldn't interest me , but the Shortie would. If the heading was "hfrs for sale" I might not open it.

Ok, thanks for the comment.