Wilson

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Am excited to announce that a group of friends and cattle enthusiast did put a deal together and bought the great Sunseeker's sire "Wilson", (WMW X Full Throttle, THF, PHAF),Tuesday. I will put up some info in the classified section and please watch for our ads in Livestock Plus and the Show Circuit. He will work very well on carrier genetics.

red

Congrats Brent!!! That is wondeful. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of him & calves.

(thumbsup)  <party> (clapping)

CAB

Thank you Cathy. Wilson is one of those bulls that I think has slipped through the cracks. Very interesting story of coarse behind the story of who's your Daddy, Miles verses Wilson. Goretska has had him tested and Wilson is the sire to 99.9% sure. Fred Camphell has 3 full sibs to Sunseeker that the club bull promoters are racing to see. I have been told that 2 of them are extremely good. A few of us down here in the SW corner of Iowa that had a chance to see and follow the Sunseeker story used Wilson some last year and saw enough very good calves out of him on a variety of cows that we decided to see if we could get him bought and finally were able to get things in order to feel comfortable enough to annouce that we will have semen for sale through the owners. If you have some carrier or possible carriers that you need to use a  clean bull on, that has the ability to win some shows and leave good females, try a small amount. If anyone wants to talk to someone that has some on the ground other than the new owners, please PM me and I can give you some names and #s. Again, Thanks, Cathy. Brent.

Dusty

When do you think semen will be available??  Is there any pictures of him available??  I would think he would throw some darn good ones out of the Heat Wave females that are out there.  What is he as far as frame wise??? 

cowz

That is exciting!  Do you have a picture you can post on here?    I am fond of Sunseeker.  We had a sunseeker calf that won our co fair last year, sound and solid.  Good attitude.

knabe

i think i mentioned before, there was a sunseeker steer at the grand national a couple of weeks ago.  i thought he looked pretty decent. nice base width that carried up high without being to a fault and carried down well in his flank.  i think i have a pic.  i'll dig it up in a day or two.

CAB

The finished calves that I have seen out of Wilson will fit what the judges are looking for in the ring today. Structure will be good. I haven't seen one with any structures issues as of yet. There are no pics of Wilson when he was young. The bull is in Texas and we are planning on keeping him down there. The current owner is going to try to get him some pics and actually said that he looks pretty good right now for an older bull, so I hope that we may possibly be able to eventually be able to use a pic. We'll have to see what we get. In the first ads that come out in May's LP there may a blurp about some of the interesting fabled story. As I type, we are trying to get to print, Past deadline, so it maybe another one of those rush deals that we may not get all of the ducks in a row. All of the new owners are salt of the earth hands on kind of people that you count on if needed and is part of the reason that I am excited to promote the bull. I have seen enough calves to know this bull can take care of the genetic defect problems and also has had some small show winners out of a very small # of calves produced so far.
  We did collect him yesterday, and froze 380 units of high quality semen that I instructed the tech to cut strong, so semen will be available soon through owners @ $25.00 or through Champion Genetics through their web site directory. I don't think that the web page has us listed yet, but will very soon.
    I have mostly bigger cows & in my herd, I think that Wilson will size mine down. I will get 3 calves here within 10 days. One of the cows that I will get a calf out of is the dam of the 2006 GC both days @ the Iowa Summer beef expo. The other 2 are an EXT cow & a 1/2 blood bald faced Simi. All of which are clean, so we'll see what they look like.

CAB

Yes he will work well on the Heat Seekers and the Heat Waves, depending on what is behind your cow, he may splash up the calves some, but by and large the calves are solid colored. The bull is hetero black. He would be a good choice IMHO.

Jill

All of my Heat Wave's are smaller framed, if he sizes your bigger cows down is he big enough to put on these Heat Wave's?

CAB

All of the calves that I have seen Jill are what I would call moderate. Wilson is not a dink. I haven't ever seen him, nor have very many others. I have seen as many of his calves as anyone in this area of the country. Sundy's uncle is one of the partner's in the bull and of coarse saw Sunseeker early on. Kenny Brown from Afton, Iowa owned Wilson for a short period of time and still has a semen interest in the bull and has a small # of heifers that are doing a great job with their calves. Use Wilson with confidence on Heat Waves and Heat Seekers. Think about the bull, he sires SunSeeker, doesn't get recognized as the sire until 3 years later, has to litterally come up from nowhere and reprove himself. For the small # of calves sired by him, he has had a large % of winners both in Tx and Iowa. Don't make the mistake of not using @ least a very small amount of this bull B4 he is gone for good. He sired Sun Seeker in his yearling year.
  Zach, we'll have to see if we can get a good pic. of him, but he may have to do it the hard way, through his calves. Thank you everyone for your interest. All of the owner's of Wilson are hard working cattlemen that have a good idea of what will work in the real world. Brent

OH Breeder

Maybe I missed something. But when you say semen avaliable from the owners. Where can we find the list of owners with contact info listed?
Thank you.
OH B

olsun

CAB congrats are called for here. I'm glad you guys got it done, and I hope it works out well for you. I'm sure it will. The calves I have seen from Wilson this spring sure look promising. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Sundy

Congrats CAB and partners! I wish you guys the best and hope everything works out for you. I feel very confident that Wilson will be a good TH and PHA alternative with a lot of genetic and phenotypical potential. I look forward to seeing some calves out of him. I also heard that the full sibs at Fred Campbells in Indiana look really awesome. Thus one can conclude he is consistent in producing quality offspring. Not a lot of bulls in the club calf industry can offer consistency like that. Good luck!

CAB

Thank you Nathan. I know that you have more insight into how good this bull is and have seen some of the calves. A lot of the promoters are headed towards Fred's to see the sibs. It'll be interesting to see who gets what and what they'll bring.
  There is semen available now @ Championgenetics.com,or it may not be on the page yet, but the ph# is 866-604-4044. You can reach me @ 641-322-5092 & I can release semen as needed. We will be moving semen up to Hawkeye or Nichols as soon as we can for walk through trade and midwest distribution.

showsteerdlux

Well just guessing that since he was bred to a 1st calf heatseeker heifer for her 1st calf which produced Sunseeker he should be a pretty good calving ease bull.JMO as I dont know alot about him so it is an unbiased view.