Wilson

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Sorry BCCC that it's taken so long to answer you back. I don't sit in front of the PC on the weekends @ all and last week wasn't to friendly. BTW where did the awesome pigs in your avatar come from? They are very good!! Are they Yorks or crossbred?
  I would not use Wilson on heifers myself. He is not a cow plugger @ all and mature cows will have unassisted if everything is coming right. I wouldn't feel confortable using a bull with full Throttle in the pedigree on heifers no matter what anyone told me. The calves are very good. Highly reccomend the bull on carrier genetics or clean cattle. If you think about this bull getting no credit what so ever so 3 to 4 years as being the sire of Sunseeker, it's amazing that he is still around. For anyone wanting to know more about Wilson, please PM me or call me @ 641-322-5092. Watch for the ad in the next Livestock Plus. Semen for now will be available through the owners or Championgenetics.com. We will be getting semen up to Hawkeye asap. Thank you all for your interest, Sincerely, Brent @ Wilson Bull Group.

BCCC

The pig is actually a Cobb barrow, out of there online sale, that sold for about 7,000, he is a cross. We do also raise showpigs, polands, hamps, yorks, chesters, and crosses. We have the 2006 champion chetser gilt at the 2006 kansas state fair, and a few other sows

KYsteer

Hey BCCC we raised and sold a few show pigs this year.  What sires did you have the best luck with this year?

CAB

Any of you try the boar Fatal Attraction. He sired the Ia State Fair FFA GC last year. I've never seen a pig with so much bone, and the pig was fit to the max. Looked like a steer fitting job.

Sundy

Fatal Attraction was the sire of my 2007 Ak-Sar-Ben pigs. We had Reserve Champion Division 4 with a Fatal Attraction barrow. He sires good pigs but is hard to get semen on and tends to be costly. We typically get him on overrun and we bred the mother of my pigs back the same way, but she didn't stick. We sold a couple litters of 4-H pigs this year out of sons of Fatal Attraction and they look really good.

kanshow

The Fatal Attraction pigs always seem to bring the $$ at the sales I've seen.    He definitely sires an assortment of colors too. 

common sense

EUREKA!!!  I found it.  I knew I had a picture of Wilson somewhere!!!  CAB, I know that he has changed a little but is this the right picture?  I am thinking that he might have some hair issues but then again, it might have been the fitter.

Attachments

• Wilson.jpg
    Wilson.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 243

CAB

Best and only picture of WILSON yet. Looks like one that I may have fit. Thanks for digging that up Common Sense!!!