WINNING FILL, ON SHOW DAY

Help Support Steer Planet:

GREENHAND

WE HAVE FED WINNING FILL TO THE STEERS AT HOME MIXED WITH THE RATION.  THE SHOW WILL BE HERE IN ABOUT TEN DAYS AND WE ARE NOT SURE HOW TO FEED IT THEN. ANY IDEAS?
THANKS

shortyjock89

We just give them a pretty good pile of it about half an hour before we show them, if it's been more than a couple hours since we've fed.

TexasHeat

How much are you mixing at home.  We always adjust the amount of Winning Fill for steers we feed at show time, to how much we have drawn the steer to make them look right.  It does a really good job filling them out with minimum water.  Heifers on the other hand, we keep Winning Fill in front of them on show day till they take their last drink of water, before they walk into the ring.  Each animal is different. Good luck.

TMJ Show Cattle

Doe's anyone know where to get winning fill in the tri-state area of Wisconsin Illinois and Iowa? Have used full-tank with great success,would like to try winning fill. If anyone can forward this info it would be appreciated.

PLKR

a Kent feed dealer ---shouldn't be that hard to find in your area

GREENHAND

TXHEAT,  THEY GET ABOUT TWO GALLONS OF WINNING FILL A DAY EACH AT HOME, THATS MIXED WITH ABOUT 6 GALLONS OF BULL RATION.  I JUST DIDN'T KNOW IF WE SHOULD FEED IT AS THE SOLE RATION ON SHOW DAY

TexasHeat

Two gallons is quite a bit in the ration already.  We still feed our steers & heifers their ration on show day, just supplement Winning Fill to achieve the desired fill.  Most will eat it when they will not eat anything else at the show.

GREENHAND

THANKS, THINK I WILL FEED THEM AS I DO AT HOME MAY JUST OFFER A EXTRA BIT OF W.F.  THANKS AGAIN TX  HEAT

doubled

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Doe's anyone know where to get winning fill in the tri-state area of Wisconsin Illinois and Iowa? Have used full-tank with great success,would like to try winning fill. If anyone can forward this info it would be appreciated.

Alot of Kent dealers in Iowa dont carry it unless you let them know ahead of time to order it, usually takes a week, otherwise we go directly to the
place in Bondurant Iowa and buy it direct- but our Kent dealer like I said can get it if you order ahead of time.  We love it for sure, if you have never used
it before you will see a big difference in the way the cattle look.  We have our own mix we use also but also use this on the show animals, especially when
we are getting them ready for a private treaty when they are young.

klintdog

The way you guys talk about this stuff really makes me wish we had a Kent dealer up here in North Dakota.