Winning Fill

Help Support Steer Planet:

sdf

Does anyone have experience with this feed product if so what is similar and how did you use the product.

bcosu

it's good stuff. we top dress it at home about a handful for a couple calves. when we get to shows then we feed a little more. it really helps them fill out and keeps them eating. whenever we have a calf that won't eat regular feed at a show it almost always eats winning fill.

herfchic

We used it as a third meal last year.  We fed it around noon, and I really liked what I saw.  The calves had more fill, and it did not decrease their appetite any.

sdf

Thanks, we were considering the bedtime snack.  The calves are shining the bottom of the pans so far.  Hope we see the FILL.  These heifers have good spring of rib naturally but have a problem eating on show day.  Kinda 50 -50 whether they eat or not.  So we are hopeful.  Fort Worth is in 3 weeks. 

WFCC

winning fill works great to add the full look but what i am most impressed with is we had 2 calves that are hard doers and this stuff kicks their appetite into gear.  its a lot easier to put on condition when you can get the intake you want, they love the winning fill and it helps them to eat ur other grain too!

JoeDirt

Here is how much I like this Stuff

We live on the west coast and as all of you guys might  know they only have a distributor as far west as Colorado.

First time we used it was last year I had a person go get some in north platt.

So this year I found a company Feed Store that would BACK HAUL it to the west coast  So now I get it in my town for under 20.00 a bag.

So with that said:
We fed it to our show steers and they eat it like butter ALL SEASON LONG.

We fed the Grain and Flake or hay and Winning Fill 2 times a day.  I really believe that when you give your calf 3 chooses of things to eat. then They eat more.   With the nutritional value like that of a complete show feed it make them gain more and look more conditioned or cover.  

We feed 2 -3% Daily of there body weight in Grain, 1 flake of hay (two times a day) and 1 gallon bucket packed full 2 times a day.  And EACH CALF EATS IT ALL.

I do something that might be alittle different then most at feeding time. What I do is I don't pull there food, I feel that as long as they eat all of there food before the next feeding they are eating the most that they can eat.  Some people like to pull their food but I just don't do that.  

What do u all do in reguards to feeding?

So if anyone is interested in getting some on the west Coast Just pop me a PM  with your # and I will call u

kane1598

We are huge advocates of the third meal...we feed it around 2 and I feel it does a lot for calves that are always on the road. We used winning fill some and some of our heifers wont even take a bite and others love it, but I think its a good product.

simmigirl25

Very good product. would recommend it for anyone.  My opinion it works better that beetpulp and my calves like it more.

cattlemanr

Kent 's Winning Fill is a great everday feed and if you feed a little every day they really go after it when they are given all they want at a show.  They also have a new product called Beef Show Blender AN that we are using in our grain mix and the two products really have a great additive effect when you feed them together.  Our cattle look better, deeper and fuller than any previous year.

SlickTxMaine

If we are already feeding finisher, steam flaked corn, beet pulp and vitafirm, how would I add this in, without causing upset?  Would I substitute the Winning fill for the beetpulp, or just add it?  We are one month from show......is it worth it to make this change so close to show time?

justme

I think you could eliminate the beet pulp and just top dress a handfull ontop of your feed.  We had great success with it last year.  (thumbsup)

thunderdownunder

I was told Winning Fill is just a corn ration?? Is that right? I don't know, we don't have all these fancy feeds down under!

shortyjock89

thunderdownunder said:
I was told Winning Fill is just a corn ration?? Is that right? I don't know, we don't have all these fancy feeds down under!

Winning fill is like a mix of haylage, steam flaked corn, and show bloom from what I can tell in my limited use of it. I think it's a pretty cool feed and can be useful in certain applications.

sue

Agreed. I like a hand full - more then that and my calves get real loose.  It seems expensive but a bag lasts forever

cattlemanr

SlickTxMaine said:
If we are already feeding finisher, steam flaked corn, beet pulp and vitafirm, how would I add this in, without causing upset?  Would I substitute the Winning fill for the beetpulp, or just add it?  We are one month from show......is it worth it to make this change so close to show time?

Replace the Beet Pulp,  The Winning Fill is a balanced diet with a lot of nutrition and will give you the look you want.  Beet pulp is just beet pulp.  not a whole lot of nutrition in it. make the Switch we have.  Good luck.

dhs

We are feeding 3lbs/head/day right now. We are still feed calves the same amount of Showmaster's Calf Grower and Beet Pulp each day, but at night we turn them out into another pen so they can eat just hay and Winning Fill. Seems to be working perfect and our calves have not ate any less of there normal base feed and they seem to be deeper ribbed and have that fuller look.    That just what we're doing, Thanks dhs