Winter Storm

Help Support Steer Planet:

ruhtram

Hope everyone is in a warm comfortable spot during this massive winter storm!

firesweepranch

We are being hit by the biggest blizzard in a long time! Here are some photos I took tonight when I went out to check on everything!

Attachments

• blizard11-5 small.jpg
    blizard11-5 small.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 474
  • blizzard11-6 small.jpg
    blizzard11-6 small.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 471
  • blizzard11-10 small.jpg
    blizzard11-10 small.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 465

thebulllady

Yikes!!!!!  They say this is the most wideswept storm we've ever had.. 2100 miles of winter weather.  We're colder than we've been for over 10 years here in Central Texas, and not going to see above freezing until Friday.  We're not used to this kind of stuff!

Okotoks

We are not part of the big storm but last week end we had about 8 inches of snow and it was minus 30C (minus 22 F) yesterday morning. Some areas were minus 40. But today it warmed up and we are minus 7 (+20F)and sunny. I hope the storm passes quickly, it's getting to be a long winter!

PaFFA Proud

Its calm here for now but really slick, were suppose to get hit agian tonight till tomarrow. Lol dont know about yall...but Im skipping rinsing my steer thi week. Hot cocoa anyone? <beer> <-----Its hot cocoa everyone..work with me here! (lol)

Okotoks

PaFFA Proud said:
Its calm here for now but really slick, were suppose to get hit agian tonight till tomarrow. Lol dont know about yall...but Im skipping rinsing my steer thi week. Hot cocoa anyone? <beer> <-----Its hot cocoa everyone..work with me here! (lol)
That's exactly what I thought it was! ;D

CAB

The snow has left us overnight & the wind has died down some. 2 degrees F with a wind-chill of -18 right now. SW Iowa.

nkotb

Very little snow in NW Kansas, just wind and cold.  Minus 47 windchill this morning when I went to break ice, cows and calves all bedded down in the barn.

herfluvr

NW Indiana.  Had about 8 inches on the ground added a good 15 last night and now we have Lake Effect.  This is getting old but I don't think it is as bad as they said it was going to be.  Have seen it much worse

firesweepranch

We got 12 inches with drifts over 4 feet! Been YEARS since SW Missouri had a blizzard, and the main freeway that passes through, I-44, was shut down yesterday afternoon, from the Oklahoma border to north of Springfield. Last I heard it could be closed until Friday, but not sure if that is true. Heard they also closed the 70 which connects Saint Luis to Kansas City. Was pretty bad out here, not used to so much snow so quickly!

Davis Shorthorns

we were on the edge of this storm got about 4-5 in. of snow and a little ice.  I did get 2 days off work though.  -9 for tonight though.  Heat wave tomorow and then into the 40's this weekend!!!

irh

Western ohio had ice yesterday and early morning today probably half inch here.  Thank God we didn't lose power, got windy and knocked. alot off of the trees.  Branches came down hard againist the house last night.  We've got a level 3 out, suppose to not be on the roads.    Ready for spring here in Ohio!  Where the heck is this global warming that Al Gore got so rich taking about?

american honey

Oh my lands!! Today was the first day that we went back to school, we just about got stuck on our way to school.