Winter weather, enough already

Help Support Steer Planet:

Kupfarm

minimoo38 said:
it's just a never ending battle with this stupid weather. every other day we have to dig down/fluff up the haywagon, and today i just pitched out 400lbs of 3'' thick ice from our stock tank. the heater just can't keep up with this atrocious wind. it cuts right through my columbia pants, and sometimes it's hard to breathe, it's so cold. this is some of the ice from our tank. i put it next to the can for a relative size.

Have you ever tried using a  sump pump in your tank?  We use  a pump rather than a heater. The water always moving slows down the chances of freezing.  Just an idea for you.

vc

8) Wheather in SoCal for the past week hi 70s low 80s, lows 36 to 45. We had a pretty good wet spell since November, now we have sun and every thing is starting to grow. Every year we get a spring like week to 2 weeks in February and then it goes back to being winter, If you want to call what we get winter.

dutch pride

Weatherman said yesterday that we have have 10"s more snow already this year than we had all of last year. Kids have had 5 snow days already this year. Any more and they will have to make up days. Was sunny and calm today, best day in a couple of weeks but more snow is on the way for the weekend.

DLZ

Rocky Hill Simmental

Garett said:
O yea, Missouri weather,
earlier this year it was 50 and above a few times then it drops and snows, and rains then the wind will blow.
With all the ice and snow,  on top, and the chilly winds that we have now, dad has given up checkin cows with his horsein the middle of the night--he has resorted to the truck  haha

Hey Rocky Hill Simmental where are you at in South MO?
I talked to my sister and she said that she had like 2 inches of ice and no power also.
My sister lives near Friedheim, MO.

I live in southeast Missouri. Actually, I'm in the same county as Friedheim except I live in the southern part of the county.  ;D We just got our power back last night at 9:30 but my next door neighbor still has no power... Strange.

garett

We talked to her again and she said that she finally got it back late last night...so thats been almost 2 days, WOW glad that hasn't happened up north for a while

showgirl2010

Wow...I am just now getting power back.  3 days without power.  Oh well i've been helping my uncle and papa with calving since they have power.  We still only have 4 calves 3 bulls and a hef.

Jamie

Jill

At 2:00 today it was 57 degrees, it is now 30 and is supposed to be 12 tonight, I just wish it would either warm up or stay cold, this is so hard on these animals!

showgirl2010

Jill said:
At 2:00 today it was 57 degrees, it is now 30 and is supposed to be 12 tonight, I just wish it would either warm up or stay cold, this is so hard on these animals!

I agree.  not only is it hard on the animals but on the people.  My body thinks its spring one day with my allergies flaring up and winter the next with my nose running and a sore throat. 
I am just ready for some sleep.  We haven't had school since 12:00 monday, but with no power and heat I couldn't get a good nights rest.  So thank goodness I am getting my own bed tonight.  LOL

Jamie

Latest posts