Working chutes

Help Support Steer Planet:

ICF

I have a small herd of cattle and i was wondering what people recommended as far as a working chutes, alley tubs...ect.? it doesn't have to be  to high teck i would be running  about 15-20 head. i would be running cows through  and vaccinating and it might also be used for washing a few a young  calves!  Thanks for your input!!!!

spb

Check out my pearson chute in the classified section works great moving up to hydraulic chute

rmbcows

Check these out. 

http://www.stampedesteel.com/

Absolutely hands down the best chute I've ever seen.    Whoever designed these chutes has worked alot of cattle.  The latches all work smoothly, no sticking or binding... levers are where you need them to be... features that keep cattle from getting hurt or choking down.  You can close the headgate from the front or back of the chute... so you could absolutely work cattle by yourself.    I just can't say how impressed I am with these chutes.  If I had a million $ to spend, this is still the chute I'd buy and I'd have lots of money left over for some new cows! 
And just so ya know, I have no affiliation with the people who make or sell these chutes, I just get excited when I see something made by someone with lots of common sense. 

rocknmranch

Are your cattle fairly tame? What breeds are you planning on working through? Are you looking for used, economical? A few more details and I'm sure we could get you going in the right direction. 

ICF

the cows are tame most are past simmental. and angus show heifers there are a few recip cows that aren't broke. and yes i would like something econmical. thanks for your input!!!