www.beefshorthorn.dk

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

go to the section named andre tyre.  that is one straight topped deep long hipped flat shouldered cow.

justintime

denmark has taken  Shorthorn semen from Canada  occasionally over the past several years. I am presently in the process of trying to finalize a deal to Denmark on a set of embryos. There are purebred Shorthorn breeders in Germany as well. I have also heard that there is a very good set of Shorthorn cows on the Big island of Hawaii, and I have also heard of some good Shorthorns in Japan. China purchased some Shorthorn bulls in Canada a few years ago. They took a very good bull from Alta Cedar and paid a hefty price for him as well. ( they wanted to use the bull in their own herd and priced him very high... the Chinese took him without any negotating on price).

garybob

justintime said:
denmark has taken  Shorthorn semen from Canada  occasionally over the past several years. I am presently in the process of trying to finalize a deal to Denmark on a set of embryos. There are purebred Shorthorn breeders in Germany as well. I have also heard that there is a very good set of Shorthorn cows on the Big island of Hawaii, and I have also heard of some good Shorthorns in Japan. China purchased some Shorthorn bulls in Canada a few years ago. They took a very good bull from Alta Cedar and paid a hefty price for him as well. ( they wanted to use the bull in their own herd and priced him very high... the Chinese took him without any negotating on price).
Was that the same year the Chinese bought all the bred heifers from Homedale? If I remember correctly, Ralph told me the Chinese wanted ONLY solid red ones that were easy keepers.

GB

garybob

shortyisqueen said:
That would be weird...since the bull they selected was a roan...
Goes to show one thing: To the most discerning buyer ( not the persons from neighboring States that invade NW AR Auction Markets every ''sale day"), color really is second to quality.

Go figure.

GB

garybob

knabe said:
go to the section named andre tyre.  that is one straight topped deep long hipped flat shouldered cow.
I'm more impressed with the dark-Roan Bull above her.

GB