www.edjecast.com

Help Support Steer Planet:

Has anyone had a problem using online bidding with www.edjecast.com?

• Very upset

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Oneline Bidding Experience

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

chasingkhans

my experience was horrid, a total nightmare!!!!!!!!!! Definitely  not a customer service orientated company for the seller or the bidder.  I am so upset, especially for my daughter who was sitting with me when we had the bid on line and they sold it to someone else for less than our bid.( especially when they showed we had the bid and announced  someone Else's name)  Wow that hurt for me and the breeder!  And Guess what we were not the only ones that had a problem.

Jill

That happens and not only with this company.  Auctioneers are going to have to slow down and remember they have online bidders, we have lost out on a number of them when the screen showed we had the bid, I would think if you had an active bidder you would wait for a no.  We watch on line and when it gets close we call in if we really want the calf, other wise you take your chances.  It is a great service and will continue to see more use, but it needs some tweeking.

kanshow

I'm not familiar with how these auctions are run.  Are you on the phone with a real person - like the old video auctions?  Or is it all done via internet and message? 

red

we've watched on-line & seen bidders not get their bids in on time. I think there is a couple second delay. My best bet would be to be on the phone too.
At a sale that I went to it got very confusing w/ the buyers there & the on-line bidders. They had to stop several times because the internet feed was down. In a prefect world it would work smoothly but I think they still need to work the kinks out.
The best live feed I've seen so far has been from the NE Cattleman's Classic. you could really see the cattle & hear the bidding.

(welcome) chasingkhans!
Red

Jenny

We did buy a bull in one of the sales at Denver; we were on the phone with a field rep and we also were on the internet. 
The internet is a great tool but we would never trust it to actually bid over it; there are too many variables....there maybe a delay in the sound and/or picture; the weather in Denver at the time we were on was snowing so the sound kept going in and out; however the picture was doing fine. 
If you really want to buy something, you need to be on the phone with someone and also watch on the internet.  Also, it is a great idea to have a limit and stick to it.  This is almost easier when you are not actually there! 
We had a limit that we would pay, told the guy who was bidding for us.  He did bid the limit amount, then they acted like they had the next bid, so they were asking us for the next one....they were going up by $250/bid.  However, the bid after ours musta been fake cause we got the bull for our said limited amount!  It worked great, we got the bull for what we wanted and we are very happy with the whole experience!

kanshow

I'd think that I'd want to be on the phone with someone if I truly intended to buy something. 

dutch pride

Jenny said:
We did buy a bull in one of the sales at Denver; we were on the phone with a field rep and we also were on the internet. 
The internet is a great tool but we would never trust it to actually bid over it; there are too many variables....there maybe a delay in the sound and/or picture; the weather in Denver at the time we were on was snowing so the sound kept going in and out; however the picture was doing fine. 
If you really want to buy something, you need to be on the phone with someone and also watch on the internet.  Also, it is a great idea to have a limit and stick to it.  This is almost easier when you are not actually there! 
We had a limit that we would pay, told the guy who was bidding for us.  He did bid the limit amount, then they acted like they had the next bid, so they were asking us for the next one....they were going up by $250/bid.  However, the bid after ours must have been fake cause we got the bull for our said limited amount!  It worked great, we got the bull for what we wanted and we are very happy with the whole experience!

I would think you would really need to trust the person bidding for you if you give them a limit. How do you know that the bid was not "ran up" to your limit? It was obvious that they did not have an actual bid after your last bid so how do you know they had an actual bid BEFORE your last bid? Sure, you got the animal for what you were willing to pay but could you have got him cheaper???  Maybe I am just paranoid or untrusting but I hear too much of new, inexperienced buyers getting taken advantage of by those who know how to play the game.

uluru

I have used Live Auctions TV for three auctions and have had good experience after the first one. The first issue I had was that I was too slow to bid and the auctioneer was too fast in closing the bidding.
My fault. My fingers did not work fast enough and I was unfamiliar with the prosess.

The last two auctions I participated in all worked fine and I was successful as a buyer.

I personally feel there may be less chance of someone running me up as compared to being at the auction in person or using a rep as no one knows I am interested until I bid online.

I wait until close to the end of the active bidding and then if I am interested I bid.

I agree the auctioneers need to get used to this process and slow down just a bit in closing the bidding.

I think it is a great way to buy cattle, particularly if you have some one you trust looking at the cattle on site and then you bid on line on your choice.
The view and sound are dependant on location, lighting and of course if people ruffle papers into the mike at the auctioneers desk the sound can be a problem.

I will use it again.