wyoming wind semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
If you can buy Wyoming Wind for $165 I would call it a bargain,I have ten unit's that Ihad tried to sell but for that I'm just going to use it.  Wyoming Wind 4020 females will be highly sought after in the club calf business I think cause they produce some very good calve's .  Wyoming Wind is one of the most complete sire's in the Charolais world,with moderate size.  I won't sell any semen but have 2 or 3 real good donor cow's ready to flush, or if you just wanted some egg's an we agreed on a sire m9ight make that work. The 916 cow has a picture in my donor cow's on web site.

CAB

If you're thinking commercial, there are a bunch of Wyoming Wind cattle out there. He is a cornerstone in the breed and has been for a while.

oakbar

Yes, he has been used a lot.  I was surprised in the Northern Exposure sale how many cattle had him in their pedigree---some both top and bottom!!    Kind of like the Trump lines in shorthorns.

CAB

For clubbie Charlais bulls, what are some of the favorites? Mine are Madrid, Herr's Cool Whip, and Hoo Doo. Brent

CAB

Chunky Monkey seems to have a bunch of hype, but has anyone really seen very many good CM calves, or is it all hype and creative marketing by always having shortage of supply? Just asking. Brent

Throttle

I saw 3 or 4 of them here in Ohio. Boysel's sold a pretty nice heifer on their sale. She was kinda smaller, markety, mustve brought $3-5000 (?). Lynn Holley had a heifer and a couple steers in his sale too. The heifer was real big bodied, sound. Needed hair, bone, and a little look, but was a solid cow prospect. I only saw one of the steers very good. He was out of a WMW cow and was pretty nice. Had a lot of look, just could've been more powerful. That small handful was pretty decent as a group. Karen Holley said she was real happy with them and that they bred several back that way. Is CM a PB Char?

CAB

I don't know for sure and have only seen a very limited number of CM calves, but have to say that none of em ever hit me too hard. Brent

C-CROSS

We have used CM several years, our first ones will calve this spring, we have had only heifers and they are not for sale.  We really like the way they are made.  Several in our area have sold steers and they have went on to do quite well.

vet tech

CAB said:
  For clubbie Charlais bulls, what are some of the favorites? Mine are Madrid, Herr's Cool Whip, and Hoo Doo. Brent
When you say Hoo Doo do you mean the sire of Alias? Can you get seamen on that Bull?

CAB

Don't know if and where you might find HOO DOO semen, but he has been popular in the showring for awhile, therefore there are sons of Hoo Doo out there. I agree that the Milkman calves are worth watching from what I can tell. My initial thoughts about Milkman was that he was too big for the clubbie world, but I may be wrong about that.