Yea DL!

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

Well our local NBC station decided to show Tigers baseball instead of the Sabres-Rangers game (can you see the smoke from my ears??) - the satellite package doesn't give it to you if it is shown on one of the big national channels  -  so I spent the entire game holding one end of the rabbit ears and the plant held the other while we picked up a grainy image from Battle Creek!!

Great game - really exciting - glad we won! Here's looking toward Stanley! ANd the heifers mowed the lawn so I got a lot of work fone too!  ;DThanks Red, dl

[size=10pt]
GO SABRES!!!
[/size]​
(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

red

Wow, that's bad when I get to watch it & you can hardly see it!
It was a great series. Now they play Ottawa? What's the story on them? Nasty?

Red

DL

red said:
Wow, that's bad when I get to watch it & you can hardly see it!
It was a great series. Now they play Ottawa? What's the story on them? Nasty?

Red

Ottawa - last Canadian team in playoffs. Very hard hitting, nasty, mean go for the cheap shot (I call them smarmy!!) - have a guy named Neal whose goal (and he says it proudly in the paper and on tv) is to hurt people - there is bad blood between the 2 teams - Neal goes after our captain who happens to be 5 foot 9 or 10 and not very big - last game both goalies were kicked out for fighting (their goalie came after our little goalie (not Miller) and then Peters got in the mix and there was 100 minutes of penalties over the mess. They are also unhappy we beat them in the playoffs last year and that was with 6 defensemen out because of injury. We are now healthy and even Yim Connoley who got a concussion last year at Ottawa and was out for the entire year is back ----should be very interesting - we have home ice advantage........GO SABRES!!

mlk32

Since my Red Wings played the early game and beat the Sharks (someone please explain to the rest of the world that Detroit is in the Eastern time zone, not the Western time zone.  I'm tired of games starting at 10:00 pm!), I turned my attention to watching the end of the Tigers game.  Our daughter was in the middle of her afternoon nap so I had time to spare.  However, with the NASCAR rainout, it bumped my beloved Tigers off the local channel and I could not get it on the MLB baseball package because the game was SUPPOSED to be shown locally. 

Ah, the trials and tribulations of being a sports fan in the world of blackouts!

DL-If the Sabres and Wings make the finals, maybe a friendly wager is in order!  Maybe the loser uses the winner's name in registering something this fall?

nysteerguy

i know i have not been on much lately but it is finals week at school so all my deadlines are coming down to the wire but i did want to drop a line and say hi, as well as comment on MY SABRES glorious victory over those fancy, city slickin Rangers from New York City.  I'll not be able to watch the games once I'm home either, guess it'll be me and the radio.

-NYer

DL

NYer - sorry you won't get to see the games - hoping that Neal's injured knee will keep him out - the mean so and so! MKL 32 - hmmm, was actually hoping the Dead Wings would get eaten by the Sharks, but as that didn't happen there is the possibility of being squished by the Ducks  (look at what that Aflac duck can do!) - don't know if I can go for that bet - have  my 1st 3 bull calves named after Sabre defensemen (it is a T year) - are you naming yours after the Wings? or were you referring to signing over the calf ....hmmmmmm I'll bet ya one virgin Beefpaca female that the Sabres will slice the Wings!  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) GO SABRES!!!

DL

Hey NYer I hope you didn't have to watch that game - it was awful!! Absolutely awful (I don't mind losing, but I hate bad playing, not trying, pi** poor passing etc) - if they don't improve their special teams they are gonna lose in 4. Ottawa completely outplayed them (I admit I went to the barn for the last 5 minutes to finish chores.... :( :-\ :p :'( ??? ???

red

That's why you were up at 2:30 this morning! Still fuming!
Terrible game, just caught the highlights.

Red

DL

red said:
That's why you were up at 2:30 this morning! Still fuming!
Terrible game, just caught the highlights.

Red

We called them low lights  :(

Latest posts