YEA! Last cow to calve this season!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Time to rejoice! I'm down to my last cow! Told hubby if she doesn't get back in sync w/ the others she's out the door.
Everyone else done that spring calves?
When do you fall calvers start getting excited?

Red

SKF

Congrats!!  (clapping) It's a nice felling when it's all done. We are justy getting started our calving season runs from late summer to early fall. So far 6 bull calves and 1 heifer all alive and about 15 more to go!! Last year we lost five claves so hoping for a better year.

red

She just had it. Right on the due date & no inducing. Don't know what it is because she's a little on the protective side & I have orders not to go in unless needed. Calf is small & she has had twins before so checking to make sure no more!

Red

red

(lol)  Another heifer! That makes 11 heifers in a row. No bulls for 2 years.
Next couple of years I'll probably never have another heifer.

Red

Jill

We are down to 2.  Last year we had everything in a 60 day window, thought we were in pretty good shape this year, but we had a new bull in last year and he didn't do to good early on so we are spread out again.  We are trying to decide whether to hold them for falls or go ahead and just try and get them back with the others.

red

new baby. lots of bone & hair.

Attachments

• Tabi.jpg
    Tabi.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 187

shortyjock89

Our last spring calver calved about a week and half ago.  That is much better than last year where most of our calves were in Late May-July.  Now we are from March-Mid June..it's much better we think.  Then our 6 fall-calvers were all AI'd on the same day so that should make things easy!  Oh and Red..that's a cute little calf..hopefully she's a keeper!

shortdawg

My first  is due 9/9 but all the ones I synched are due 9/20 ( my birthday ). Maybe I'll get all heifers ?

shortyjock89

shortdawg said:
My first  is due 9/9 but all the ones I synched are due 9/20 ( my birthday ). Maybe I'll get all heifers ?

We're always hoping for fall heifers....it's just too tough to sell a bunch of fall steers and bulls...good luck with that, and congrats on being featured in Shorthorn Country Shortdawg!

shortdawg

Thanks ! I really enjoyed doing that. There really are a lot of good people in the Shorthorn business and the cattle business period. I enjoy meeting and visiting all the breeders.