Yearling heifers on green grass in September!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

The upside to all the cold wet weather we have been getting is there is still green grass. That's pretty rare in this area, some years we are brown by the end of July. Here are some photos I took of our bred heifers today.

Attachments

• Diamond Walnut Dottie 44W & Diamond Welcome Dottie 38W.jpg
    Diamond Walnut Dottie 44W & Diamond Welcome Dottie 38W.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Yearlings Sept. 18,2010.jpg
    Yearlings Sept. 18,2010.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Diamond Welcome Dottie 38W,56W and 61W.jpg
    Diamond Welcome Dottie 38W,56W and 61W.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 299
  • Frimley Wonder Susan 5W Sept.18,2010.jpg
    Frimley Wonder Susan 5W Sept.18,2010.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 298

Hilltop

Do you have a pic of 41P's heifer? Monty just said the other day that he realllllllly likes 64N's yearling heifer. Out of a Captain Mark go figure. He is one of two bulls we will be using next year!!!

oakbar

Great Pics!!  Your country looks really scenic!!    Our pastures are much greener than normal for this time of year also!!

Okotoks

Hilltop said:
Do you have a pic of 41P's heifer? Monty just said the other day that he realllllllly likes 64N's yearling heifer. Out of a Captain Mark go figure. He is one of two bulls we will be using next year!!!
That is 41P's Matrix heifer in the top photo on the left. I will look and see if I have a side profile. She is doing really well and is very smooth and thick.

justintime

Dan, as usual your heifers are looking good!  And so does the green grass. It is the same here. We have pastures that have grass as good as it was when we put the cows out last spring. Hopefully we can graze the pastures until Christmas. I even have two pastures that I did not put cows on this year yet, so we should be OK for grass for the fall.

Okotoks

Okotoks said:
Hilltop said:
That is 41P's Matrix heifer in the top photo on the left. I will look and see if I have a side profile. She is doing really well and is very smooth and thick.
Carrie Fraser Braun was out last week on a whirlwind trip and she snapped some photos. Here is the Star P Matrix out of 41P.

Attachments

• Diamond Walnut Dottie 44W.JPG
    Diamond Walnut Dottie 44W.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 250

cowdoc1973

Carrie Fraser Braun was out last week on a whirlwind trip and she snapped some photos. Here is the Star P Matrix out of 41P.
[/quote]

Is that Carrie Fraser from Pictou County Nova Scotia?  I remember standing well down the line from her heifers back in her 4-H days.

Okotoks

cowdoc1973 said:

Is that Carrie Fraser from Pictou County Nova Scotia?  I remember standing well down the line from her heifers back in her 4-H days.
[/quote]
That would be her! She is at Simmie, Sask. now. Braun Ranches have a big herd of really useful horned herefords. They also have 4 or 5 really good shorthorns. I had a chance to visit Carrie's parents in June. They have some cows that anyone would want. There are not a lot of Shorthorn herds in Nova Scotia but saw some good ones at Fraser's, Pooles and Burgess.