yep, I did it , we flushed her to eye candy

Help Support Steer Planet:

SIMMY BREEDER

We flushed our donor Hilco Mystic Blue Lady to the Eye Candy Bull. Blue Lady is our 3/4 simmental 1/4 shorthorn Grandmaster Daughter. we have some of these posted on the classifieds.  I have seen several Eye Candy cattle this fall and winter and all have been sound functional eye appealing cattle.

My question is??  What other bulls would the Sp folks think might be interesting to use on this female. I am not interested in rare or  expensive semen ( we all know Who Made Who might work)  and the heatwave pedigrees would only be considered if someone would take a whole flush.

Thanks
Johnnie

Attachments

• HILCO MYSTIC BLUE LADY 5x7 pic.jpg
    HILCO MYSTIC BLUE LADY 5x7 pic.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 314

aandtcattle

This is the same heifer pictured in the new select sires directory.  How did she flush to Eye Candy?? I would like to see her flushed to one of the herf looking clubbies.  Carpe Diem? Nothin cooler to me than a roan baldy.  Damn nice heifer!

clubcalve

WOW she looks great.... If it was me I would try Indian outlaw. That would be some wild colored calves

OH Breeder

Monopoly would be interesting.
I Am Legend
Manchild
Sull Blue Blood
Bojo
My Turn
Point Taken
Simple Math
Walks Alone

Those are few I would try with her body type. Belive it or not there are folks still on dial up. THis picture might make it little easier for viewing. If I were shooting for females out of her. I might go a whole other direction.

Attachments

• HILCO_MYSTIC_BLUE_LADY_5x7_pic[1].jpg
    HILCO_MYSTIC_BLUE_LADY_5x7_pic[1].jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 218

sue

aandtcattle said:
This is the same heifer pictured in the new select sires directory.  How did she flush to Eye Candy?? I would like to see her flushed to one of the herf looking clubbies.  Carpe Diem? Nothin cooler to me than a roan baldy.  Damn nice heifer!
I am going to agree with my hereford friend  ;)
I know there is a freaky looking deal on Kris Black's page... what about WASP??  Sweet sweet mama

cpubarn

Awesome looking blue roan there.  Looks like you have a bunch of awesome cows/donors your web page.

If she can milk anywhere as good as she looks...
I like the Monopoly/clone, and WMW/ clone ideas...
I saw some cool Highliners,
What about Mercedez Benz, or Hard Drive???

She looks like she has so much power, you could about pick anything...

Nice Donor, my question is, do you own the DAM?  Do you have eggs like the donor?

Mark

shufly

Is she registered?  For females what about Trauch's KCC Saginaw, Simple Math, Long's Shear Pleasure or Doctor Meyer.  For steers I would have to agree on Monopoly or a son like Boardwalk.  I love my Eye Candy calves and think you made a wise decision there!

Bradenh

i agree with the poster before who mentioned indian outlaw. that would be a super sweet color. also i would try hollywood on her

SIMMY BREEDER

cpubarn said:
Awesome looking blue roan there.  Looks like you have a bunch of awesome cows/donors your web page.

If she can milk anywhere as good as she looks...
I like the Monopoly/clone, and WMW/ clone ideas...
I saw some cool Highliners,
What about Mercedez Benz, or Hard Drive???

She looks like she has so much power, you could about pick anything...

Nice Donor, my question is, do you own the DAM?  Do you have eggs like the donor?

We do have her mother and will calve to sexed GM semen this spring she has had 3 solid black heifers 2 blue bulls and the one blue hfr all natural calves
she is the miss 505N on the website. we have never flushed her with the other donors we have in the line up I will attach a pic of her and blues udder in production
we

Mark

Attachments

• SNCC Miss 0505N  5x7.jpg
    SNCC Miss 0505N 5x7.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 200
  • BLUE udder.jpg
    BLUE udder.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Blue lady & calf.jpg
    Blue lady & calf.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 222

SIMMY BREEDER

Mercedes Benz has always been on my mind to flush for myself for replacement maintainers in the herd. she is registerd as a 3/4 simmental if someone new a nice reg 1/4 blood simental bull that is registered that would make some cool 1/2 bloods

thanks for the comments keep em coming

cpubarn

I am not familiar enough with simmental pedigrees  to know if there are any 1/4 simis, promoted.  I wonder about the 3/4 bull Foreman, but don't know how closely they are related.  The previous suggestion of the clubby bull Simple Math adds 1/2 WMW, 1/4 734, 1/4 602, but I have no idea if he is registered as 1/4 (I have my doubts).

Keep us informed!  My son likes blue roans, but is concentrating on red ones now.  While he is in college I may have to play a little with his shorthorns and see what I can make.  Love that blue roan.

Mark

oldwood

I agree with Hairy Bear they say he hits good on shorthorns, looks like it could be a good mating, good lick with the eye candys also that could be good as well.