yippee first day of school

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Well the kids are off to the first day and what should be a quiet day napping and resting for ol mom has been shattered by hubby's quick decision of weaning all the calves at the same time!! Unfortunately mine has not been as quiet as DLs. First night and only four escaped calves and 7 cows jumped fence. Its gone good so far. HA HA. Well I better get fixing more fence.
Gee after re-reading that it sounds like we are not very prepared. We really are but never do this many at one time. I usually do it in 3 rounds.

justme

School starts tomorrow!  YEAH!!!!! (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)  My youngest is headed to Kinder.....what will I do with my time lol

Jill

My youngest started last Monday, if he goes 1/2 day like Tate, it gives you just enough time to catch and rinse and tie up 8 calves just in time to get back to school to pick him up. (clapping)  Don't have near as much time as I thought, maybe next year.

justme

We go all day everyday...hubby already has ideas of me expanding the showstring! lol

knabe

first day too.  kinda melancholy. endless haranging for extras, at least they are emphasizing playtime.  teacher did something weird, she was reading a story so us parents could see what that was like, and when a kid who was continually raising her hand, she didn't acknowledge her.  i'm thinking it was preparation for pay attention time or she was just going through the motions for us parents so we could all sit there and cry what a happy set of moldable clay we were placing in her hands.  the english as second language classes had three teachers, which is a reasonable expenditure of my tax dollare garybob :)  each class was limited to 20 kids.  i am amazed i even survived with only one teacher and 30 kids.  it was reassuring that i am finally seeing the fruits of all those property taxes in a tangible fashion.  not so much with the constant reminders how little they were getting paid.  my sister in law makes 80k as a grade school teacher.

ShowStopper

I am happy to say that this was my last first day of high school...EVER!!!! I couldn't be happier either.  ;D ;D (clapping) (clapping) 

Farmboy, high school will go faster than you think it will!!!

Jill

Don't rush, enjoy the experience, this is the only opportunity you have to be a kid, at no other time in your life can you go back and do all the things you missed out on so make sure you take full advantage of all that life has to offer in the next few years.  Have a great school year.

OH Breeder

You get out of high school and pay way to much for your college education and then you work to pay it off and that is pretty much it. Work. When I was a kid, there was more play. I try to play now, but folks don't really enjoy it as much when you are my age. :p Enjoy your high school years and college.

SKF

I am mad that summer is over!!!  :mad:  I was not wanting to go back but it was a good 1st day. I just started 6th grade and my brother started 12th grade. I know my mom was very excited that we are back in school!!! ;D

mommacow

I am kinda sad, and am feeling pretty old, my oldest started college yesterday and my youngest is a Sr. in H.S. this year.  I wasent to sad when we dropped the oldest off at college, but I am having withdrawls today.  I just want to see both of my kids lives go perfectly and worry about them starting out their lives in this mean old world, it scares me, but I am sure this is the same feeling that parents have had for years when one of the kids would fly the coop.

ShortyJ13

im glad school's starting! as wierd as it may sound...
guess im just getting bored
and on the upper hand .. shows will be picking up again  ;D​

justme

Farmboy, have you thought about ATI in Wooster?  I think it would be a great fit for you.  All sorts of Ag options and you can take the route that you can transfer to main campus.  I went there and it was a great education, and its done in 2 years.

farmboy

it was same old routine first day, sylabuses (sp) left and right finding which teachers are "cool" and which ones are the stiffs...

renegade

I was suppose to start my senior :eek: year today but i have those open shows till friday...darn (clapping)(lol)!!! They dont count against my absences because it has to do with FFA and i can get it school excused. ;D  I have econ and govt. that are not fun and of course a math and english class its all ag classes. 

Showcalves

I think we'll start school on Monday.  The boys have been helping with the silage this week and I'm hoping they finish it this weekend.  Oldest will be a freshman and youngest is in 8th grade.  I'm hoping we're prepared by Monday.  (lol)  (lol)

Melinda

cattlejunky

We started Aug. 14.  My son had a 2 day break after being at the state fair and then went to school and football.  I do not know why I always think we, or I am going to get a break and it never happens.  Football, weaned baby calves, and I ref volleyball.  It is nice to have the oldest out of the house so he is not fighting with my youngest.  The days have been quieter! Thank goodness our school is air conditioned.  It has been so hot I have stayed indoors.

farmboy

actually, i work for the school, they pay me to wrk the scoreboard, i do varsity vollyball and jr high basket ball and maybe sum more stuff like run the PA system, play the pep music etc etc