You know your breed is in trouble...

Help Support Steer Planet:

C

cornish

when the top selling bull of the year- can't even crack the top 10 of high selling females.
and the 10th high selling bull won't even make most sales 'highlight' list.

Doc

So if there is some super high $ figures, you say they are bogus.
But, yet if the numbers are lower & more realistic then you say the sky is falling for the breed.
Which way would you like to see it?

knabe

Doc said:
So if there is some super high $ figures, you say they are bogus.
But, yet if the numbers are lower & more realistic then you say the sky is falling for the breed.
Which way would you like to see it?

neither.  i want real numbers.  just like subsidies.  don't want any, just real prices.  subsidies hide the true cost, just like fake numbers.

hamburgman

Anyone else see the new farm bill when it was released and the people who complained the most were............................ wait for it.................... southerners who really hate anything government except apparently a farm bill and how it pertains to rice and cotton.

knabe

The governments job is to punish success and reward failure.

If we can vote for that, we will get more of it.

C

cornish

hamburgman said:
Anyone else see the new farm bill when it was released and the people who complained the most were............................ wait for it.................... southerners who really hate anything government except apparently a farm bill and how it pertains to rice and cotton.

care to enlighten where this has been released?  last I checked, they're still working on it...

knabe

feed grass said:
hamburgman said:

care to enlighten where this has been released?  last I checked, they're still working on it...

They are still working on it and the the nutrition portion Is 60% of the usda's budget.

Congress should outlaw the couch. 

oakview

I would say there must be tremendous demand for females of this certain breed if they command those kind of prices.  These females must be superb at what they do and competition is keen to own them.  I wouldn't be surprised if most of these great females are of similar breeding which documents their ability to suit their new owner's purpose and helps insure their performance.  I am assuming that the demand for black bulls is at an all time high since I see such a large number of them consigned to the local sale barn special breeding bull auctions.

knabe

SD said:
Childhood obesity was not a problem until there was a school lunch program. (Just say'n  ;))
<alien>

we wouldn't have had a housing bubble either if we didn't get tax breaks for interest, property tax, cheap money, equity loans, phony appraisals.

"free" stuff from other people's money always creates a bubble, either in land prices (farm program) or around our waste (mis-spelled for impact)

aj

I think you guys need to get in on the illegal alien child credit scam.....the heck with show cattle. Some of them are pulling in 10,000$ ayear on 10 kids(nephews,uncles, aunts,) all inmeheko. 5 billion dollars a year scam. Not alot of money but it will buy some votes if you don't need a photo i.d..

shortdawg

hamburgman said:

I think a fellow that lives in the south, makes his living and feeds his family from what he makes off his cotton or rice crop would probably not really appreciate that comment would he ? We don't make the rules or hate everything the government does, we just live by the rules they make like everyone else. Just one farmer's opinion ....

knabe

That same person taking a subsidy doesn't realize that it causes bubbles by creating demand where there isnt any.

They complain about not getting enough subsidy, wonder why land prices are so high and wonder why there a bubble all the while oblivious that d=r

knabe

aj said:
I think you guys need to get in on the illegal alien child credit scam.....the heck with show cattle. Some of them are pulling in 10,000$ ayear on 10 kids(nephews,uncles, aunts,) all inmeheko. 5 billion dollars a year scam. Not alot of money but it will buy some votes if you don't need a photo i.d..

Not sure but IRS won't go after this aggressively. Only legal citizens. 

hamburgman

It wasn't a shot at you Shortdawg, I was talking about your Senators and House Representatives.  All they talk about is us becoming Greece, then when programs that benefit them are cut there is a problem.  If the bill truly does stiff cotton and rice farmers then I don't think it is right, but then maybe the legislators representing cotton and rice areas shouldn't be so easy to condemn anyone who gets help from the government.

Latest posts