YOUR Favorite Bull!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

In light of the "favorite angus bull" topic, I thought it would be fun to see what everyones favorite bull was. It could be an AI bull, or your herd bulls at home. Any breed, what ever floats your boat. Just a little fun topic...

PLEASE INCLUDE PICTURES AND INFO IF POSSIBLE

RSC

Turkey Creek Ranch said:
In light of the "favorite angus bull" topic, I thought it would be fun to see what everyones favorite bull was. It could be an AI bull, or your herd bulls at home. Any breed, what ever floats your boat. Just a little fun topic...

The Bull below is Ice Chest.   This bull has given my small cattle operation the boost it needed.  The story behind him is this: In 2002 a close friend wanted me to find him a bull for around $5,000 to raise club calves for his kids who were just starting in 4-h.  He had absolutely no intention of promoting him.  After seeing several Ice Pick sons (Including Whiskey) in Denver that year, we decided we needed to get IC out to see what others thought.  We took him to the Classic in Kearney that year.  Aftter a very positive response and a suggestion from Ed Tlach of EDJE, we decided a few weeks later to give it a try and haul him to the Ohio Beef Expo.  We had a great response there as well and that led us to purchase his Dam Whitney who has done alot for us.  Sure The PHA deal ended up hurting but I will still give IC the credit for being my all time favorite as he led us to purchase his PHA free Dam Whitney.

Picture 1: Ice Chest at 2 years old.
Picture 2:  Ice Chest last fall at 6.5 yrs old in his working clothes.
Picture 3: Incognito at 10 months old.  Incognito is the 1/2 blood Maine Ice Chest son that we raised and is now owned and was promoted by Fesmire's.

RSC

Attachments

• icechest109_small_ezr.jpg
    icechest109_small_ezr.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,621
  • Chester Small 6.5 yrs old.jpg
    Chester Small 6.5 yrs old.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • incognito_good_ezr.jpg
    incognito_good_ezr.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,024

red

right now on my list it would be Hard Core, Money Man & my old stand by Foreplay.
I really like Gold Club's females but wish he wasn't a PHAC.

1pic390.jpg

Hard Core
1pic357.jpg

Money Man
index.php

Foreplay
goldclub.gif

Gold Club
Red

GLZ

Probably CNS Dream On.  I mean he pretty much changed an entire breed.  However they better find a solid outcross option to him and fast, as he is already related to 75% of the breed it seems.

Up and comer honorable mention goes to Triple C Invasion

itk

garybob said:
GFS Red Cloud 7026x

GB I would have never used a 7026 son if I would have known you liked his dad so much. ;D  I've said this before but my favorite bull is Remitall Online. As far as shorties go Final Solution, and Rodeo Augustus. A friend of mine in Texas has a Sonny x Velvet Dream son named Immortal that we plan on using a bunch this spring.

Attachments

• immortal%20final_small.jpg
    immortal%20final_small.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 630

farmboy

POWER PLANT

most of our cows blood goes back to him or some other older bull in everyway, most of the cows are grand daughters or great grandaughters of him and hes the sire or grandsire of alot of great maine influenced bulls. Foreplay, witchdoctor, Who, Full Flush, and many more have PP in them .

Attachments

• my mistery buul.jpg
    my mistery buul.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,505

dagrate1s

Dr. Who

He is one of the few who can make a killer steer or functional heifer. Even have used him on heifers.

Attachments

• DrWho_Habeger.jpg
    DrWho_Habeger.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 597

dori36

Turkey Creek Ranch said:

Here he is:  ABF Fitz S219, fullblood Lowline bull and "head man" for me since 2002.  He has sired countless Grand and Res Grand Champions at the largest shows in the country.  He was imported into this country from Australia as a calf on his dam in 1997.

Attachments

• Fitz.JPG
    Fitz.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 547

TJ

dori36 said:
Turkey Creek Ranch said:

Here he is:  ABF Fitz S219, fullblood Lowline bull and "head man" for me since 2002.  He has sired countless Grand and Res Grand Champions at the largest shows in the country.  He was imported into this country from Australia as a calf on his dam in 1997.

Dori, he's one of my favorites too & a really good bull, but I've gotta go with my boy...

BCC Doc Holliday 04P 
48.5 inches tall @ 3.5 years (Might be a little taller now.)
BW - 48 lbs.
YW - 700+ lbs.
22 months - 1200+ lbs.
3 years old - 1350 lbs.
45 months - 1465 lbs.
Top 1% for Marbling out of 19,000 tested by MMI and his score was slightly over 11 points higher than the average steer that graded PRIME!! 
1/2 Brother to the ALL TIME winningest Lowline bull in Australia (Kintrye Robert the Bruce).
Sire & Dam were both Grand Champions at the Royal Brisbane Lowline Show in Australia.
Imported as an embryo from Australia. 
No Admiral J222 & an outcross to most North American genetics.

Attachments

• Doc_Holliday_10_months.jpg
    Doc_Holliday_10_months.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 536
  • Doc@2years1200.jpg
    [email protected]
    146.4 KB · Views: 558
  • Doc_Holliday.jpg
    Doc_Holliday.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 538

kanshow

Favorite bull that we owned was a 3C Wally son out of a 600U cow.  I'll try to find pictures and post them later. 

Other Simmental bulls  - I'd have to put Circle S Leachman 600U near the top of my list, he was the 'one to use' for so many years prior to Dream On coming into the picture.

showgirl2010

I hope I have this picture thing right ???.  LOL 

This is our Salers herd bull as a yearling.

Jamie

Attachments

• 612953_L.jpg
    612953_L.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 515

RSC

Someone brought up Dream On as a very big part of the Simi Breed,  the bull I loved for the Simi Breed as a kid was Signal.  In fact,  we still have a Signal Grandaughter in our herd.  If reds were popular back then Signal would still be King.  He sired great femlales, maybe a little large frame for today but my type.  We bred her to Duff New Edition this year and it looks like it worked very well. 

RSC

maverick

We just started to ai last year, not sure who my favorite is yet. We havve been usiing a bull by Ice Pick and out of a Draft Pick cow (he is PHA free). He has produced some nice 4-H calfs for our boys.  We are taking him to the sale this spring - would a PHA free bull bred like this have any value other than market price? Below is a picture of him.

Attachments

• ice pick bull.jpg
    ice pick bull.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 493