your opinion

Help Support Steer Planet:

mikey

Please tell me your honest opinion on my daughters show calves.

fluffyfront.jpg

fluffyrear.jpg

fluffyside.jpg

oreorear.jpg

oreoside.jpg

nlgriff

I like them both.. She should do very well with both of them. Love the color pattern on the black/wht steer!

mikey

Thanks all..  We have a show in two weeks.... I do need to clip them... Also please point out any faults you can see... I will clip them and update pics... Thanks

knabe

on the shorthorn, be careful behind the rib not to take too much hair off.  it can be difficult there as the hair lays down easy there and won't stick out.  has a nice loin on him, i'd show off the cod on him as he looks low twisted enough. 

the black and white doesn't look low twisted enough and needs to fill out there.  he looks deep girthed, i'd trim him there as close and clean as possible and perhaps even move the trace line a tad higher to make the rear look deeper.  he's weak right in the middle of his back.  get that up as soon as possible in the ring.  both look like they would square up naturally very quickly.  i think i'd get a sweat collar for him as well.

BCCC

Both are very  nice calves, they are very thick with some good width under them. they could both use a stronger topline but that isnt an option ;D They look liek they have real good muscle.  I think you will do very well with them. How much are they weighing?

mikey

Thanks!!!!  Fluffy the sometimes stubborn shorthorn is approx 935... Oreo the wonder steer is approx 840... I am overdue on hauling them to the scales...