your semen tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

Looking to invest in a semen tank in the next few months and I have a few questions

Where did you guys get yours?
What size do you have?
About how much did you pay for it?

Thanks for the help

Dozer45

Yeah I saw that, they were priced really good just didnt know if it was a good place to pice one up
thanks  <cowboy>

rbruce

I bought mine secondhand. It was a 6 month tank and has worked great. There are always people selling them. Keep looking and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

showstick09

I got mine from sementanks.com and nobody selling new tanks will beat those prices. They will ship it to you fast. I got the MVE Mill 20.

nck21

I found mine locally on craigslist for $100. Great bargain-older model MVE 20/20, has done the job so far.

Dozer45

For everyone that has bought a used one, were you worried about its quality? or are there ways to tell if the tank is sound and wont leak on ya

thanks for the help

lightnin4

A friend of mine bought a used tank last year.  When the Genex rep came to fill it he tapped on it with something and said he thought it would leak.  He filled it anyway and told her to let him know if it held or not.  All the liquid nitrogen was gone by the next morning.  He could tell by the sound.  I don't know how to describe it because I've never heard what a good tank should sound like to know the difference.  But, maybe talk to a semen rep or someone who fills tanks and they could tell you more.

charlie

i have 4 tanks all were used I've had them about 8 years it all depends if you can trust the person you are buying it from 

Dozer45

lightnin4 said:
A friend of mine bought a used tank last year.  When the Genex rep came to fill it he tapped on it with something and said he thought it would leak.  He filled it anyway and told her to let him know if it held or not.  All the liquid nitrogen was gone by the next morning.  He could tell by the sound.  I don't know how to describe it because I've never heard what a good tank should sound like to know the difference.  But, maybe talk to a semen rep or someone who fills tanks and they could tell you more.

I have heard that before to but like you have never heard good vs. bad

luannv8

when you get a new or used tank - make sure you test it before you load it with semen.  we had a new tank - loaded it -and it was bad.  lost alot of semen over it

tj1993

are there any warning signs that a tank is going to fail.....so you could maybe move your semen to another tank?

jtaylor

Dozer45 said:
Looking to invest in a semen tank in the next few months and I have a few questions

Where did you guys get yours?
What size do you have?
About how much did you pay for it?

Thanks for the help
i bought mine on craigslist, its an sx-34 , i paid seventy fie dollars for it off some old man that quit milking holds for three months before my select sires rep comes and fills it took forever to find decent one in price range but stayed on craigslist and finnally did