$20,000 will be awarded thru Sullivan Supply Scholarships

Help Support Steer Planet:

jsull

We are proud to once again offer the Sullivan Supply $20,000 scholarship program.  We will award 20 $1,000 scholarships to individuals displaying a great passion for the livestock show industry and/or raising livestock.  To qualify you must be at least a graduating high school senior or college student 21 years of age or younger.  Deadline for application is March 1, 2011.  Go to www.sullivansupply.com to download application and for further details.  Winners will be announced on our website on May 1, 2011.  John and Dede Sullivan and Dan Sullivan.

mainegirl

I have a question. Do you want us to write a total of 2 pages all together or do you want us to write one essay on school, community, FFA involvement that is an unlimited length and then another essay on showing experience and future plans that has a 2 page limit? I just wanted to make sure I understood this correctly.

upthecreek

Thanks for making theses awards available again.  Will you award any in Canada if there are qualified applicants?

jsull

We are very glad to be able to give back to the youth that has been so good to us.  Yes, Canadian applicants are encouraged and welcome.  We are looking for one sheet that lists all of your involvement in school, community and 4-H or FFA.  Then, on another sheet,  an essay no longer than 2 pages describing your involvement and experience in the livestock showing and/or raising along with your future goals and career plans.  Thank you, Dede.

SWMO

(clapping)  Always good to see companies and individuals that are willing and able to help students achieve their goals.  Thank you.

lfarms

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: (dog) (dog) (dog)

shortcowboy

Quick Question- Is a Ag/ Animal Production Major REQUIRED to apply for the scholarship?  I know of someone who is very passionate and involved in cattle industry but not going to school for Agriculture... 

PaFFA Proud

Jw is their anything that would cause someones app to be denied? I am going back to college in the fall after having 2 kids. I am 21 and married ,could I still do the application without an automatic turndown?

jkf

The website says the deadline is March 15th. Which is correct? Thanks for supporting our young showpeople in furthering their education.

jsull

Calliewalker, we would welcome your application.  The information in your post is all within the guidelines we set.

jason

Shelby_Loves_Moo said:
it says 2 pages max for the essay, is there a specific spacing preferred? or would it be best to stick to double spacing just to be safe?

Reminds of my time in college jacking with the margins, font, size, and spacing to get that 6 page paper into 8.