2012 bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Justin69.o

What were everyone's favorite bull new for 2012 and any reasons why?

I personally like
dirty politics- he's just like monopoly but a little heavier muscled i thought
deadliest catch- he is an all around good hereford marked calf
king of the mountain also caught my eye

Justin69.o

ya he is a monopoly out of a Jane 6/ Romeo Johnson show cattle also owns him out of eastern Iowa.

Attachments

• DirtyPolitics_calfpic.jpg
    DirtyPolitics_calfpic.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 224

AsburyCC

Wouldn't be opposed to the deadliest catch that wade has dude takes a mean pic would like to see him in person also would like too see two tone has anybody either?

Ohio1

AsburyCC said:
Wouldn't be opposed to the deadliest catch that wade has dude takes a mean pic would like to see him in person also would like too see two tone has anybody either?
I have seen a cell phone video of two tone and he seemed to be the real deal

titan

my fav is two tone. gonna use some of his this year

GoWyo

Ohio1 said:
AsburyCC said:

Two Tone looks like a dwarfy little pud -- is that what beef cattle are supposed to look like?

kjd farms

The Ohio Senator.  I have only seen pictures, but he looks to have everything I am looking for.  The pictures of the sibs look good as well.  Reminds me of his sire, probably the most of any of his offspring, Monopoly.

DKT Angus

Duncan Livestock said:
The Ohio Senator.  I have only seen pictures, but he looks to have everything I am looking for.  The pictures of the sibs look good as well.  Reminds me of his sire, probably the most of any of his offspring, Monopoly.

Thank goodness he wont have to breed too many by natural service. I saw him at beef expo back in Feb. I believe, seems like he would have trouble breeding any thing not lowline or mini's

kjd farms

DKT Angus said:
Duncan Livestock said:

Thank goodness he wont have to breed too many by natural service. I saw him at beef expo back in Feb. I believe, seems like he would have trouble breeding any thing not lowline or mini's

Thanks for the note on seeing him in person.  Do you think he was any bigger than BIM at the same age? 

The double dirty sounds good to us, 95% of our cows are clean by pedigree.

DKT Angus

Duncan Livestock said:
DKT Angus said:
Duncan Livestock said:

Thanks for the note on seeing him in person.  Do you think he was any bigger than BIM at the same age? 

The double dirty sounds good to us, 95% of our cows are clean by pedigree.

Never have saw BIM my guess is BIM was bigger at the same age. Be pretty hard to find one smaller than Ohio Senator was back in Feb and to be honest didn't seem to have a whole lot of signs to get a ton bigger.

olsun

Saw Ohio Senator this past wk, DKT is correct. Smaller than BIM at same age.

adam o

silent knight dubble clean and calveing ease!  1/2 maine 1/2 chi.  this bull with make some great show heifers!!!  he  has got a lot of flex for a chi.... hes just flat good!!!

wyatt

adam o said:
silent knight dubble clean and calveing ease!  1/2 maine 1/2 chi.  this bull with make some great show heifers!!!  he  has got a lot of flex for a chi.... hes just flat good!!!
1/2 chi ???

wyatt

GoWyo said:
Ohio1 said:
AsburyCC said:

Two Tone looks like a dwarfy little pud -- is that what beef cattle are supposed to look like?
gowyo i feel that people say this all the time no two tone doesnt look like what "beef cattle" are supposed to look like because he is a club calf bull. beef animals are bred for there maternal qualities such as growth, milk, feed efficiency, and lbs of finished product... club calves are bred for terminal qualities such as heavy muscle, less marbling, less milk, more hair, more bone, and a  freaky front...