2013 World Shorthorn Conference

Help Support Steer Planet:

huntaway

Hi Everyone.
Hope that some of you are starting to plan your trip to the 2013 world conference in New Zealand.
It runs from the 8th March to the 26th March with a couple of different options depending on how much time you have.
I believe it is also timed so that the Sydney show will be straight after so there will be more shorthorns to see there.
I know there will be some interesting shorthorn and non shorthorn stops as well as some dairy shorthorn stops.
It will be a chance to see some different farming practices,great scenery and good people.

huntaway

Hopefully attached is our AI sire which is being used in a trial at Mt Linton Station, one of the farm vists, where 160 angus heifers have been breed half to shorthorn sires and half to angus sires to evaluate the difference from birth through to end product under the same grass feed conditions. Mt Linton is a visit i am looking forward to as it is one of New Zealands largest stations at 12000 ha. It winters about 45000ewes, 13000ewe hoggets, 850 recorded Angus cows, 1200 commercial cows and 350 sale bulls.

Attachments

• steerplanet.jpg
    steerplanet.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 208

huntaway

There has been quite a large north american influence in our cattle with many imported semen sires. In recent years i know of Crawfdown fighter pilot, Shadybrook powerplay, Major Leroy, Red Rose Goldspear Ruffian, Saskvalley Primo, Crooked post AAA and a number of bulls from Alta Cdar,Eionmor and Waukaru. So here as a preveiw are some of our influenced calves.

Attachments

• jackXtheo.jpg
    jackXtheo.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 189
  • jackXprimo.jpg
    jackXprimo.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 198
  • jackXkook.jpg
    jackXkook.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 260
  • jackXgoldmine.jpg
    jackXgoldmine.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 276
  • AC lads legacy.jpg
    AC lads legacy.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 214

huntaway

And some more, I'll add that we have no snakes, crocs, poisonous spiders and not many sharks so you will have nothing to worry about.

Attachments

• kookXjack.jpg
    kookXjack.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 187
  • ruffian hfr.jpg
    ruffian hfr.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 194
  • ruffian hfr2.jpg
    ruffian hfr2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Hounds.jpg
    Hounds.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 192

Aussie

huntaway said:
And some more, I'll add that we have no snakes, crocs, poisonous spiders and not many sharks so you will have nothing to worry about.
Yer but you talk funny.  (lol)

Some very nice cattle. (thumbsup)  (welcome)

huntaway

thunderdownunder said:
If the captions are anything to go by... you've used some good Aussie bulls too  ;)
Yeah but there sires are from up there. Thought you might recognise the bull to or the background.

Aussie that might be right about how we speak but you guys wear underwear on your feet (lol)

thunderdownunder

huntaway said:
thunderdownunder said:
If the captions are anything to go by... you've used some good Aussie bulls too  ;)
Yeah but there sires are from up there. Thought you might recognise the bull to or the background.

Aussie that might be right about how we speak but you guys wear underwear on your feet (lol)

I thought he looked familiar the first time I looked at him and nearly did a double take when I realised who it was. Nice work  (thumbsup)

LDT

if a guy wanted to come to the Shorthorn and stay til the Angus Forum that would be quite the layover!