2014 prospect bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

obie105

Seeing those pics on fb today I am not impressed without the clip job and fluff. They seem awfully small and structure is not what I thought they would be.

DiamondMCattle

I'm sure they will be a different looking creature come Denver. But I agree I wasn't all to impressed with many of them structurally.

Clubby24

I did not like either one of them. Not impressed, will probably be like their Denver showing last year, Texas Tornado was a joke. His black full brother was wayyyyy too small. I know its the clubby world, but for goodness sakes these bulls have to have some dang grow to them. Even if it just a little, I am tired of hearing people call bulls and cows "moderate" when in actuality they are dinks. Producers can not rely on the dam to supply all the performance......

Gargan

Clubby24 said:
I did not like either one of them. Not impressed, will probably
be like their Denver showing last year, Texas Tornado was a joke. His black full brother was wayyyyy too small. I know its the clubby world, but for goodness sakes these bulls have to have some dang grow to them. Even if it just a little, I am tired of hearing people call bulls and cows "moderate" when in actuality they are dinks. Producers can not rely on the dam to supply all the performance......
Best thing I've read in a while.  (clapping)

SandyB

Ok, I am a greenhorn when it comes to Prospect bulls, but these guys look like Shetland ponies. Are they supposed to be so short legged & compact? They almost look like the miniature cattle I have seen (Limflex or something like that)?  :-\

Clubby24

That's true Freddy.

In reality though (clubby world I mean) that's why you have to appreciate bulls like Smilin Bob, Yellow Jacket, Milkman, or Hollywood, something that can make some of these calves GROW. When I say grow I don't mean 800 pound weaning weight I just mean a respectable weight more consistently. I can't believe the size of some of these bred heifers people are buying sired by clubby bulls.  I know first hand bulls like monopoly and walks alone etc work very well. They have for myself. But getting some calves that are dinks is so frustrating, even on bigger cattle. Obviously there are exceptions, but there are also irrefutable trends in growth patterns.