$30,000 Ewe Sold in Reno

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaredkcattle

$30,000 world record selling ewe in Reno, sold to Williams Brothers Of Michigan.

Lot of cash for a little wool  (lol)

Attachments

• ewe.jpg
    ewe.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 261

rackranch

That is a lot of money, but I do Chiropractic work on $30,000 Lambs and goats right here in Texas. It is amazing what people spend!!

Tallcool1

By carefully studying the picture, she looks like a steal!  I would have guessed her at $31,000 at the very least.

I know nothing about sheep.

I am really not cynical in nature, but I always wonder if the money is real.  I just can't help myself.  Maybe it is...maybe it isn't.

It sure makes for good conversation.

bim1986

Anyone know the record for a steer or heifer that is going to be shown (not a promotional bull)?  Sale results in the fall you see them inch close to 6 figures every once in a while.  To rich for my blood.

chambero

Multiple steers have sold in Tx the past couple of years.  Havent heard of any higher than that.  I know at least one was real money ( none of this I buy yours, you buy mine).  The very best always sell private treaty.

shortyjock89

When I worked at a certain Shorthorn operation in Iowa, we sold a few heifers north of 100k, and one very near 150k.

BTDT

-XBAR- said:
For people with a relatively unlimited supply of cash, you can't put a price on 'the best.'

You may not be able to put a price on the "best", but you can certainly put a price on stupidity. 

RyanChandler

If your goal is to win, then why would forking over the cash, almost certainly required to be competitive, be stupid?

bim1986

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
When I worked at a certain Shorthorn operation in Iowa, we sold a few heifers north of 100k, and one very near 150k.

:eek:  Its a business, congratulations on anyone that can raise steer or heifer to bring that much.  Anything I sell over $5k, I am dancing in the rain.

FlatlandCattle09

Dee Brother's got grand and reserve in Iowa showing against her. She might have gotten sold for $30K but she got beat. Glad I didn't spend that kind of money on a ewe that got 3rd!

simba

FlatlandCattle09 said:
Dee Brother's got grand and reserve in Iowa showing against her. She might have gotten sold for $30K but she got beat. Glad I didn't spend that kind of money on a ewe that got 3rd!

Whether she's worth $30,000 or not, I have no idea because I know nothing about sheep but what I do know is that just because one judge don't pick an animal as the champion doesn't mean that it's not still worth every penny to the person who bought it. I'd be careful making comments like that on a public forum.

FlatlandCattle09

I can't imagine even having a $30,000 animal. I guess if you have the money to spend why not. I wouldn't. I'd spend 6 years paying off an animal.

bim1986

FlatlandCattle09 said:
I can't imagine even having a $30,000 animal. I guess if you have the money to spend why not. I wouldn't. I'd spend 6 years paying off an animal.

Be like a car loan, but heck it would be a cheap car.  Anymore you can't find much 30k and under.