4-H Prizes won

Help Support Steer Planet:

NJ Farms

I was just wondering if I could get some feedback and ideas on what 4-hers/FFA-ers have won out across the land at county fair level.  We have a pretty small county Beef show and the same families end up winning and have a closet full of trophies.  So we are looking for ideas of other things to hand out instead of trophies.  So what did you win for showmanship or for Grand or Reserve market steer, breeding heifer, etc.  I would certainly appreciate any help and or ideas.  Thank you.

COd

Our county has gone to buckles for all the winners.

braunvieh

Our fair only gives ribbons.
I have gone to horse shows that give our prizes such as brushes, fly spray, hoof black, lead ropes, small buckets, feed pans, etc.

afhm

Trophies, buckles, show boxes, blowers, gift certificates to supply trailers and feed stores, all sorts of show equipment, clocks, coolers, plaques, cash, ribbons, chairs, jackets and everything else under the sun.  Each species tries to one up the other and raise the stakes each year.

herefordfootball

Our county gives out trophies, ribbons, plaques, embroidered blankets, and directors chairs.

Showmanship winners get a feed bucket filled with combs, halters, and supplies.

We also have a Cattlemans Award, you get an embroidered blanket and sign its really cool!!!

DLD

Lots of good ideas already.

My kids would give anything to win a belt buckle, but no place we go outside of our majors even give them.  Apparently they gave 'em once upon a time at our local and those kids never wore 'em, so our booster club won't even consider giving them now.  We do alot of embroidered windbreakers and hoodies, and those aren't bad.

Our county is big on embroidered duffle bags - smaller, more inexpensive ones for breed and reserve breed, bigger nicer ones for grands and reserves and showmanships.  Garment bags and boot bags work good, too.  I've even seen some backpacks recently, that could be pretty cool...

We've won a few chairs - the kids seem to always be pretty proud of them.

Anything you give, the competitive families will end up with too many of them after awhile.  I'd recommend trying to give something a little different each year.