68 pound HC Touchdown bull cf-1st calf hiefer AND EXPLOSIANS SISTER-gr-dam

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

Pictured at less than 1 day old:Mark went out in the field,there he was,so he weighed him while wet-I have also pictured his mother from last fall shes a moose-albeit very moderate framed and a cell pic of his g-dam at 11 yrs-for Thunder Down Under-if hell body down-hell make a THICK hiefer bull. O0

Attachments

• 120331_0004[1]seebee nursing.jpg
    120331_0004[1]seebee nursing.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 120331_0003[1]seebee side view.jpg
    120331_0003[1]seebee side view.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 398
  • -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 361
  • moo 01.jpg
    moo 01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 378

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Very cool calf! (clapping) I think i remember Dorothy from a few posts. Glad to see she is doing well with her calf.

mark tenenbaum

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
Very cool calf! (clapping) I think i remember Dorothy from a few posts. Glad to see she is doing well with her calf./// Thanx-she seems to be doing ok-the calf looks and feels fine-shes very tight uddered so my buddy doesnt know if shell milk enuff,he looks like hes really gonna grow-hard to say how hell end up O0

Shady Lane

Mark,

Glad to see Touchdown working so well. I'm getting some Touchdown calves here right now as well and they look awesome.

I can see Touchdown himself from my kitchen window and he is still one of the most impressive Shorthorn bulls a guy can lay his eyes on.

mark tenenbaum

Shady Lane said:
Mark,

Glad to see Touchdown working so well. I'm getting some Touchdown calves here right now as well and they look awesome.

I can see Touchdown himself from my kitchen window and he is still one of the most impressive Shorthorn bulls a guy can lay his eyes on./// thanx-3 out of three are bulls so far-all out of 1st calvers-this ones dam was a show hiefer but she spit him out no problem,(go figure)the other 2 were out of low BW 1st calvers-1 being a Proud Jazz-but they were both assisted-not because of wieght-but the calves were very wide at birth:all in all they are nice calves-Touchdown must be pretty thick. Thinking about that Western Canadian (I think your bull maybe?) Timeline son on the above female next-but the pictures dont do this calf justice-so who knows O0

Shady Lane

mark tenenbaum said:
Shady Lane said:
Mark,

I can see Touchdown himself from my kitchen window and he is still one of the most impressive Shorthorn bulls a guy can lay his eyes on./// thanx-3 out of three are bulls so far-all out of 1st calvers-this ones dam was a show hiefer but she spit him out no problem,(go figure)the other 2 were out of low BW 1st calvers-1 being a Proud Jazz-but they were both assisted-not because of wieght-but the calves were very wide at birth:all in all they are nice calves-Touchdown must be pretty thick. Thinking about that Western Canadian (I think your bull maybe?) Timeline son on the above female next-but the pictures dont do this calf justice-so who knows O0

Mark, I think you are probably thinking of Shady Lane Rockstar 9X,

He is at stud right now and just finished his quarantine requirements for export semen so we are shipping semen to the U.S as we speak. We also recently got DNA verification that Rockstar is in fact Homozygous polled.

We will be mating a lot of females to Rockstar here this year, he is a good one!

Attachments

• Rockstar April 3 low res.JPG
    Rockstar April 3 low res.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 269

mark tenenbaum

If Rockstar has a butt on him and I thought I saw a pic that was really cool,than hell be the next one. This female has a sister sired by a KABA Leader son out of a full sib to KABA Rose-that is becoming a real producer-so the KABA-Canadian deal works here-and will add a little size-without taking any thickness-Conversly-this little calf-if he GROWS-with that BW-and maybe that thickness-would really work on Canadian cattle-certainly as a hiefer bull-even if he wasnt 100 percent etc-I dont think Last Call could be 100% either-Studers Pretender(Last Calls Sire) was out of an Evergreen Igloo daughterIgloo was-Sired by (I believe) Poplar Haven Red Alert-If it would be feasible,and hes good enough,we may make him avail. as a club calf bull,FOR LIVE CALVES O0

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
If Rockstar has a butt on him and I thought I saw a pic that was really cool,than hell be the next one. This female has a sister sired by a KABA Leader son out of a full sib to KABA Rose-that is becoming a real producer-so the KABA-Canadian deal works here-and will add a little size-without taking any thickness-Conversly-this little calf-if he GROWS-with that BW-and maybe that thickness-would really work on Canadian cattle-certainly as a hiefer bull-even if he wasnt 100 percent etc-I dont think Last Call could be 100% either-Studers Pretender(Last Calls Sire) was out of an Evergreen Igloo daughterIgloo was-Sired by (I believe) Poplar Haven Red Alert-If it would be feasible,and hes good enough,we may make him avail. as a club calf bull,FOR LIVE CALVES O0

now ur talking turkey!! <rock>

mark tenenbaum

thunderdownunder said:
Nice, congrats!  (thumbsup)/// thanx -pretty cool bull in your avatar too.As an aside-the grandmother of this calf who we are trying to flush at the moment is a maternal sister to Byland Explosian-who was imported by the LEEDS to Aussie (sorry easier spelling) in 1991,good cow family,at least to me.O0

mark tenenbaum

JTM said:
Very nice calf and impressive being a bull and only 68 lbs.!/// thanx-ive pretty well been decimated from all angles-but as long as I have a cow and a few embryos Ill rebuild-and there is no question on the wieghing of this calf-Mark Sims raised him-and hes honest (and tough) to a fault. O0

thunderdownunder

mark tenenbaum said:
thunderdownunder said:
Nice, congrats!  (thumbsup)/// thanx -pretty cool bull in your avatar too.As an aside-the grandmother of this calf who we are trying to flush at the moment is a maternal sister to Byland Explosian-who was imported by the LEEDS to Aussie (sorry easier spelling) in 1991,good cow family,at least to me.O0

Ta- that is a bull which has been used very successfully in the UK.
Do you have pics of the Explosion sister? There are still some very good cows by him getting around here.

mykidsluvshorthorns

This is the guy that is raising the touchdown calf and yes he really was 68 pounds i weighed him 3 times and couldnt believe it if my daughter would of been home i would of had her take a pic for proof I thought of that as i was leading the momma with 1 arm and carrying the calf with the other about 400 yards to our pen i keep them in for the first night. We have only raised shorthorns for about 7 years as a kid we had Angus. Until last thursday we have never had a shorthorn under 80 lbs and the last calf we had in feb was a 142 lb Fringe  bull calf  13 days overdue that i had to pull and yes it was and is alive. Mark and i like this calf so far but its not even a week old so time will tell I will say this i started measureing the hip width on the calves just for fun the 142 lb was 13-3/4 inches from outside to outside the touchdown calf was 9-1/2 inches and half the weight. well thats my 2 cents worth just wanted to give some more details and thanks for the kind comments so far.

Hilltop

We had 2 ET Touchdowns out of our HC Fairest Faye this spring and the heifer was 79 lbs and looks awesome now and I know will make one hell of a cow! The bull calf was ............68lbs. The little bugger sure has changed and for a 68lb baby has a heck of a top on him. Not sure but the bull calf may be working here next summer!

J

JTM

mark tenenbaum said:
JTM said:
Very nice calf and impressive being a bull and only 68 lbs.!/// thanx-ive pretty well been decimated from all angles-but as long as I have a cow and a few embryos Ill rebuild-and there is no question on the wieghing of this calf-Mark Sims raised him-and hes honest (and tough) to a fault. O0
Well I hope the best for you Mark. We need more bulls that can sire calves with lower birthweights consistently. Sounds like Touchdown might be one of those bulls.

mark tenenbaum

JTM said:
mark tenenbaum said:
JTM said:
Well I hope the best for you Mark. We need more bulls that can sire calves with lower birthweights consistently. Sounds like Touchdown might be one of those bulls./// Youre welcome-this calf MAY BE ONE TOO-if he turns out. O0