A Country founded by geniuses but run by idiots!! N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

commercialfarmer said:
And that is why limiting types of guns is a bad idea, glad you see that.  Pretty sure that the natzi's had firepower much stronger than a normal rifle, shot gun or pistol.  But there is a reason they disarmed the Jews first.  Small arms are important.  Look at Vietnam in the past and the middle east right now.  Disarming a population is apparently more important than you realize.  

What is today's equivalent of a musket in the late 1700's?  
If you are going to try to use history as an example, you might want to do a little more research than NRA's one-liners.  The Nazis really didn't really have to disarm anyone.  There were never many guns in Germany, particularly after WWI.  Guns and hunting were limited to the very rich aristocratic classes.  That's how its been in Europe as long as there have been guns.  I seriously doubt that the Jewish population of Germany or elsewhere in occupied Europe had enough guns to start with to amount to anything.  Hitler was welcomed with open arms by a Germany that had been thoroughly humiliated after WWI.  WE disarmed their military which allowed for Hitler and his thugs over the years to use violence to gain power without any resistance from the original government.  Frankly, Hitler and his goons were better armed than the German government was.

The German army depended largely on bolt action rifles for most of the war.  They developed the MP40 machine pistol and later the first actual assault rifles which saw fairly limited action, but that was well after Hitler took power.  Hitler did most of that early on with bolt actions.  The American semiautomatic Garand was superior to all of them.  I'm not sure that current U.S. military rifles are an improvement on the Garand.  The history of development of the M-16 is pretty interesting and really makes you wonder what our military was thinking.  A lot of U.S. marine units still use .308 rifles because of the lack of stopping power of the 5.56.  They just don't show that in their stock photos and news clips.

Of course never mind that very wealthy hunters in this country - and my home state is the worst culprit - is doing a pretty darned good job of turning our hunting model into one that more closely resembles Europe with all the stupid high fences we build down here.  Those are the same guys bankrolling the NRA, yet they whine when the general public doesn't support them in opposition to gun control. You better not take away the general public's reason to care.

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
The second amendment was not about hunting or sport shooting by any stretch of the imagination.  It was about protection from your neighbor, neighboring countries, and worst case YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!  If you think that there is no way that something can happen here look back in history.  Oh the US would never round up a group of people just because they oppose our views... Japanese internment camps during WW2 it happened.  Gun control for 99% of people is about the safety of others.  But it only takes one person to get into a position of power to change that very quickly.  Cough Cough Hitler.  Did anyone really think that one man in such a short time could completely change a country and round up and kill so many people?  So maybe it is just sensationalized BS, but it doesn't mean it cant or wont happen.  

When the pigs roll down your street w/ M1 Abrams telling you to turn in your guns, let me know how those semi automatic rifles work out for you.  -  Obviously sarcasm but I can't help but laugh when you hear people talking about defending their land or whatnot against the govt if they try and outlaw guns.   Literally, what are you gonna do?
Im sorry but that is what the 2nd amendment is about though.  Weather it is feasible or not isn't the question its what our right is.  Im sure glad that the founders of this country didn't have the mindset of we cant take on the goverment because they are to powerful and out gun us.  
THE CONSTITUTION IS SUBJECT TO AMENDMENTS.  There is NO right you think you have that can't be amended by a two-thirds vote of both the House of Representatives and the Senate followed by a ratification of three-fourths of the various state legislatures. //// YESSIR XBAR: the House,Senate and all state llegislatures are surely going to ammend the constitution the way they they get along-and at that time I wiil be the new pope  O0

commercialfarmer said:
-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
The second amendment was not about hunting or sport shooting by any stretch of the imagination.  It was about protection from your neighbor, neighboring countries, and worst case YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!  If you think that there is no way that something can happen here look back in history.  Oh the US would never round up a group of people just because they oppose our views... Japanese internment camps during WW2 it happened.  Gun control for 99% of people is about the safety of others.  But it only takes one person to get into a position of power to change that very quickly.  Cough Cough Hitler.  Did anyone really think that one man in such a short time could completely change a country and round up and kill so many people?  So maybe it is just sensationalized BS, but it doesn't mean it cant or wont happen.  

When the pigs roll down your street w/ M1 Abrams telling you to turn in your guns, let me know how those semi automatic rifles work out for you.  -  Obviously sarcasm but I can't help but laugh when you hear people talking about defending their land or whatnot against the govt if they try and outlaw guns.   Literally, what are you gonna do?

And that is why limiting types of guns is a bad idea, glad you see that.  Pretty sure that the natzi's had firepower much stronger than a normal rifle, shot gun or pistol.  But there is a reason they disarmed the Jews first.  Small arms are important.  Look at Vietnam in the past and the middle east right now.  Disarming a population is apparently more important than you realize.  

The Natzi's were disarmed by other military forces; not by the civilians.  

Are you suggesting all 'types of guns' should be legal or civilians?

I don't see anyone trying to disarm the population.    

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
i doubt the us gov or military will ever be responsible for carrying out the duty of disarming the us citizens. I think the united nations will get that duty. far fetched idea? maybe so, maybe not.
/// Good luck with that-we are allways on the front lines all over the world. And because of the crashing world economy-they are backing down more and more O0

i hope ur right mark. the united nations is a shady organization. hope they self eradicat but i doubt they do with the super powers that bind it together. Also, the DHS (homeland security ) has recenty stockpiled 450mil rounds of .40 cal ammo. i find this a little puzzling as well.//// Well-thier(DHS) job is to protect the US like the military,and you are right about the superpowers-but the Dollar is STILL LEADING THEM ALL BY THE NOSE LOL O0

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
i doubt the us gov or military will ever be responsible for carrying out the duty of disarming the us citizens. I think the united nations will get that duty. far fetched idea? maybe so, maybe not.
/// Good luck with that-we are allways on the front lines all over the world. And because of the crashing world economy-they are backing down more and more O0

i hope ur right mark. the united nations is a shady organization. hope they self eradicat but i doubt they do with the super powers that bind it together. Also, the DHS (homeland security ) has recenty stockpiled 450mil rounds of .40 cal ammo. i find this a little puzzling as well.//// Well-thier(DHS) job is to protect the US like the military,and you are right about the superpowers-but the Dollar is STILL LEADING THEM ALL BY THE NOSE LOL O0

hey mark, if it ever comes to a confiscation of arms in this country, how would u like to be the ones to go into southern WV or Sw VA to collect them? LOL

knabe

al qaeda and the taliban seem quite adept at holding off much superior forces with pennies on the dollar with mostly minimal low tech weapons for decades.

RyanChandler

knabe said:
al qaeda and the taliban seem quite adept at holding off much superior forces with pennies on the dollar with mostly minimal low tech weapons for decades.

You're too aware to really believe that. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
knabe said:

You're too aware to really believe that. 

the twin towers are still standing.

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:

hey mark, if it ever comes to a confiscation of arms in this country, how would u like to be the ones to go into southern WV or Sw VA to collect them? LOL  /// Yea boy:Im sure the folks around home wudnt hav no ideer that they was a comin LOL O0

mark tenenbaum

Gargan-weve been outdun by them rugbeeters-I just read the Taliban is holding off the high tech forces of the world with low tech weapons-aint nobody watched moonshiners lately?-We need to gather up a group of suicidle hillbillys and be like the flying Elvises on Leaving Las Vegas-they just wont have parachutes and will have low level nukes in thier capes when they jump out of the airplane over Kabul- The similarity between rugbeeters and hillbillys cant be denied-they both disappear into the wilderness,as rugbeeters love thier camels,hillbillys love thier farm animals,not many of either have indoor plumbing,and not many of either have telephones so communications are hard to track,and in both worlds-everybody is related:and in the last 20 or so years-both groups have supplemented thier incomes raising herbs,of sorts.Im sure there are revenuers who equate certain hillbillys with the Taliban:and Im sure for the right amonut of money-mountain people would turn in a weapon or two-and swear on a bible they didnt have no more lol O0

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan-weve been outdun by them rugbeeters-I just read the Taliban is holding off the high tech forces of the world with low tech weapons-aint nobody watched moonshiners lately?-We need to gather up a group of suicidle hillbillys and be like the flying Elvises on Leaving Las Vegas-they just wont have parachutes and will have low level nukes in thier capes when they jump out of the airplane over Kabul- The similarity between rugbeeters and hillbillys cant be denied-they both disappear into the wilderness,as rugbeeters love thier camels,hillbillys love thier farm animals,not many of either have indoor plumbing,and not many of either have telephones so communications are hard to track,and in both worlds-everybody is related:and in the last 20 or so years-both groups have supplemented thier incomes raising herbs,of sorts.Im sure there are revenuers who equate certain hillbillys with the Taliban:and Im sure for the right amonut of money-mountain people would turn in a weapon or two-and swear on a bible they didnt have no more lol O0
LOL.. you have a point!! we aint skeerd to hide in caves as go for weeks without baths either!! (thumbsup)

RyanChandler

mark tenenbaum said:
Mtnman said:
I wish I was half as smart as Mark! Hell I would run for president!/// How good can you dance? four years go by kwick-and a hint from the land of outdoor plumbing-it aint how smart you are its how close you are to your family and farm ANIMALS IN GENERAL O0

Id love to see Dubya and Obama take some type of cognitive abilities test and compare the results.

trevorgreycattleco

-XBAR- said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Mtnman said:
I wish I was half as smart as Mark! Hell I would run for president!/// How good can you dance? four years go by kwick-and a hint from the land of outdoor plumbing-it aint how smart you are its how close you are to your family and farm ANIMALS IN GENERAL O0

Id love to see Dubya and Obama take some type of cognitive abilities test and compare the results.

I'd say they both test about the same. Equivelant to hen poop on a pump handle. They don't make decisions. They read teleprompters.

knabe

-XBAR- said:

I'd like to see some fence post digging and see the results.

The public is in more danger from the village genius than the village idiot.

comercialfarmer

chambero said:
commercialfarmer said:

If you are going to try to use history as an example, you might want to do a little more research than NRA's one-liners.  The Nazis really didn't really have to disarm anyone.  There were never many guns in Germany, particularly after WWI.  Guns and hunting were limited to the very rich aristocratic classes.  That's how its been in Europe as long as there have been guns.  I seriously doubt that the Jewish population of Germany or elsewhere in occupied Europe had enough guns to start with to amount to anything.  Hitler was welcomed with open arms by a Germany that had been thoroughly humiliated after WWI.  WE disarmed their military which allowed for Hitler and his thugs over the years to use violence to gain power without any resistance from the original government.  Frankly, Hitler and his goons were better armed than the German government was.

The German army depended largely on bolt action rifles for most of the war.  They developed the MP40 machine pistol and later the first actual assault rifles which saw fairly limited action, but that was well after Hitler took power.  Hitler did most of that early on with bolt actions.  The American semiautomatic Garand was superior to all of them.  I'm not sure that current U.S. military rifles are an improvement on the Garand.  The history of development of the M-16 is pretty interesting and really makes you wonder what our military was thinking.  A lot of U.S. marine units still use .308 rifles because of the lack of stopping power of the 5.56.  They just don't show that in their stock photos and news clips.

Of course never mind that very wealthy hunters in this country - and my home state is the worst culprit - is doing a pretty darned good job of turning our hunting model into one that more closely resembles Europe with all the stupid high fences we build down here.  Those are the same guys bankrolling the NRA, yet they whine when the general public doesn't support them in opposition to gun control. You better not take away the general public's reason to care.

And you find this as a reason to limit magazine sizes? 

comercialfarmer

mark tenenbaum said:
I think that the US military rolling down back roads in Kansas or thousands and thousands of miles of suburban streets taking yer guns is a little far fetched-and the rhetoric has now gotten to the point that the" govt is going to have some mass armed takeover of the US population or something"-give me a break; and I live 5 miles from one of the most guarded and documented facilities in the US-Mount Weather-a virtual underground city where the President and others go if there is a war. Yea-I've gone through there at night and been followed etc-and I thought that was a good thing.There is statistically a larger chance of a major (biological -bombs etc) terrorist strike within 50 miles of Washington DC than probably anywhere in the US-unless they do a diversionary deal and attack a shopping center in Iowa. The people who ACTUALLY see and deal with this kind of thing don't go out in public about it-and frankly-are one hell of alot busier monitering and quietly deterring serious threats to national security than they are planning some gun takeover involving millions of people.In fact-a cyber attack on a large scale is the way this country could be paralyzed without a shot.-As we speak-another atrocity in GA where a woman's toddler was shot because she diidn't have any money. Contrary to all the yacking her right to have a handgun has not been taken away-and maybe with the training and economic resources to have one-she could have fought back-and probably would not have made it against 2 shooters. The local authorities will arrest them and spend millions keeping them . Makes me wish for the old days-when they would have been hanging from a tree out in the woods-back when the govt. really would come after you-putting the FUN in funeral O0

It is called incrementalism, changes that occur subtly over time.

I don't think the Army would be involved.  There is the issue of the UN Small arms treaty, and the little armed civilian force only under the control of the president.  That is new isn't it?

comercialfarmer

-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:

Im sorry but that is what the 2nd amendment is about though.  Weather it is feasible or not isn't the question its what our right is.  Im sure glad that the founders of this country didn't have the mindset of we cant take on the goverment because they are to powerful and out gun us.  
THE CONSTITUTION IS SUBJECT TO AMENDMENTS.  There is NO right you think you have that can't be amended by a two-thirds vote of both the House of Representatives and the Senate followed by a ratification of three-fourths of the various state legislatures.  

commercialfarmer said:
-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:

The Natzi's were disarmed by other military forces; not by the civilians.  

Are you suggesting all 'types of guns' should be legal or civilians?

I don't see anyone trying to disarm the population.    

Yes, but I wasn't talking about the Natzi's, I was talking about the Jews- who they disarmed first prior to rounding them up.   There is a logical sequence.  

And surely you haven't missed the senate discussions have you?    Senators aren't just any old smuck on the corner talking.  Their vote tends to count toward something.  So when they talk about disarmament, I tend to take it seriously. 

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/24/feinstein-calls-for-banning-more-than-150-firearms-during-dramatic-press-conference/

You have already stated how weak these guns are correct?  So why ban them? 

mark tenenbaum

Sorry -but Barbara Bachman easily outshines Nancy Pelosi as idiot of the year-if not the century-she just got four pinnochios from the Washington Post for outright fabrications,made against the President and everyone else. Even the Blasta from Alaska hasnt continually said things that STOOOOPID-I know there are smart republicans too-but having people like these speak for you doesnt bode well for your image or public sentiment for having any kind of competence. (lol) (pop) O0