A couple deep Canadian bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Duncraggan

coyote said:
Here is a link to the calalogue for the Who's Your Daddy Bull sale , http://muridale.com/sales.html
A great set of bulls, and I don't think I saw more than one with an asterisk. Consistent use of great sires and good figures, I wish I was shopping there!
You guys need to get a bull with Select Sires, CRI, if they still have Shorthorns, or another one with Semex.
There must surely be a good demand amongst us South African, South American and Antipodean breeders for a good, moderate frame, asterisk-free bull other than Saskvalley Yesterday.

mark tenenbaum

There are 2-3 phenominal curvebenders in each grouping-you get knocked out by the Sakvalley cattle-but the other consigners just keep coming-maybe the best spread between LOWER BWS and yearling wts Ive seen up there-I sure hope one of those becomes available down here O0 O0

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR

Duncraggan said:
coyote said:
Here is a link to the calalogue for the Who's Your Daddy Bull sale , http://muridale.com/sales.html
A great set of bulls, and I don't think I saw more than one with an asterisk. Consistent use of great sires and good figures, I wish I was shopping there!
You guys need to get a bull with Select Sires, CRI, if they still have Shorthorns, or another one with Semex.
There must surely be a good demand amongst us South African, South American and Antipodean breeders for a good, moderate frame, asterisk-free bull other than Saskvalley Yesterday.

100% agree....if north americam breeders with to sale semen for world, must to collect the bulls for world!
Semen companies that can export to other countries. I see lots of good and useful bulls, but allways are collect for domestic market.
I'm in touch with Semex, they bought us Yesterday that had good results, now I knew that another bull is being eligible for Brazil.
Also Genus got us a new bull from UK.
Select Sires bought Capiche and Gauge, but GAuge is very expensive and not got many sales.
CRI not show interest on Shorthorns.
ABS bought few straws of Rama, sold almost imediatelly.

Duncraggan

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR said:
Duncraggan said:
coyote said:

100% agree....if north americam breeders with to sale semen for world, must to collect the bulls for world!
Semen companies that can export to other countries. I see lots of good and useful bulls, but allways are collect for domestic market.
I'm in touch with Semex, they bought us Yesterday that had good results, now I knew that another bull is being eligible for Brazil.
Select Sires bought Capiche and Gauge, but GAuge is very expensive and not got many sales.
Only used two doses of Yesterday in Spring 2015 and don't think they took. Had an extremely suitable, good season last Spring, but the TAI suitability in my cattle, cows and heifers, was very poor. I only AI'd 23 out of 51 which is lower than my average in a standard year. Fellow breeders in the area have reported a 80-85% natural conception over three months and mine is over 90% on a 71-day breeding season, TAI and natural service follow-up, so I am very happy!
My instruction to my technician is that if they are not better than 50% to get in calf on TAI, leave them out. I feel my walking bulls are world class and that the cost of the drugs and labour do not warrant a low conception rate.
CSI, I will try a photo of my herd bulls in their "working clothes" in the next few days, I am sure you will appreciate!

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR

Duncraggan said:
Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR said:
Duncraggan said:
coyote said:

Only used two doses of Yesterday in Spring 2015 and don't think they took. Had an extremely suitable, good season last Spring, but the TAI suitability in my cattle, cows and heifers, was very poor. I only AI'd 23 out of 51 which is lower than my average in a standard year. Fellow breeders in the area have reported a 80-85% natural conception over three months and mine is over 90% on a 71-day breeding season, TAI and natural service follow-up, so I am very happy!
My instruction to my technician is that if they are not better than 50% to get in calf on TAI, leave them out. I feel my walking bulls are world class and that the cost of the drugs and labour do not warrant a low conception rate.
CSI, I will try a photo of my herd bulls in their "working clothes" in the next few days, I am sure you will appreciate!

Waiting for the pic!  ;)

TAI means artificial insemination at fixed time?

Not yet check pregnances of my AI and IVF, will do it on late this month.

Last year my AI at fixed time was a shame....only 13%!! Cows over fat!!!

This year hope to get a better result.

Got more semen of Yesterday, saw a very good crop him on zebu cows and crossed ones!

Flushed already 8 Shorthorn with Yesterday, good set embryos got.

By the way need more genetics, flesh blood with same or better biotype as got with Yesterday.