A few questions... Help is greatly appreciated...

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

Im going to my first show tomorrow and I was needing some advice on a few things.  First, the heifer that I am taking has really bad red/brown tinted hair.  The guy that is going with to help me said to paint her black.  Has anyone ever done this or is there an adhesive that comes out clear  so when I fit her all the hair stays the same color?  Also I would like to spray the calves with fly spray before we go into the ring.  Does fly spray react with the adhesives or anything or take them out.  I wouldnt think it would but I am just checking.  Well I thought I had more questions than that but i guess thats all I got for now.  If I think of anything else I will ask.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

herefordfootball

When we go to the county fair or state fair we lightly, Note: LIGHTLY, fog them with fly spray, it doesnt effect the adhesives and it keeps them from kicking and swatting at flies with their tail. As for the red hair I dont think the judges frown on that to much. But you might paint over it, I dont think it's a big deal. But that's just my opinion on the red hair, might not be the best. Good luck and hope you do good at the show!!!

BCCC

I know its a little late, but I would go and get some black hair dye and get her dyed real quick. I have been up more times then I can count, dying hair at midnight, using headlights to even see. I would defiantly not paint her all black, I imagine it will look tacky. I only use clear adhesives. The ones that are colored don't work nearly as good in my opinion. Anything oil based will break down your adhesives(alot of fly sprays are oil based). Good luck!!