Add On Wheels for Grooming Chute

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cyfarmer

I have a 8ft Hybrid Sullivans grooming chute. I love the chute due to it's strength, and lightness compared to the all steel chute. The only problem I have is that when we go to a show, I am the one that get's stuck moving it into and out of the stall. This can sometimes be a ways away from where we unload the trailer. Even though it has wheels in the front, the back needs to be carried by hand. I have seen where people mount wheels on the back as well to pull like a trailer. How are those mounted? Is it a partial cart that comes off while in use? Just curious as to the ideas that people have come up with to move these around. Any pictures would be awesome, but just ideas would be great also. TIA

GoWyo

Not sure how to answer your question, but what is really needed is a self-contained grooming chute and show box combo that is motorized with flotation tires and a seat that you can drive from the stock trailer to the grooming area.  That would be really sweet to just drive your chute/show box wherever you needed it.  Would probably need to have a cooler and stove on it as well, and a generator for occasions when extra power is needed.  <beer>

On a serious note, the heavy duty flat bed garden wagons that FarmTek and others sell are about the easiest way to move a chute for any distance.

BLRanch

Some of the people that we show with made a pair of brackets (one for the front and one for the back) that the chute sits on top of. It's basically a hotel cart then, one of the sets of wheels pivots and the other is just on a fixed axle. You can then throw all your stuff on your chute and wheel it right to the trailer too.

Or just kinda tip the end of your chute without wheels up on your dolly and pull it that way.

Ms Ray

my son uses a dolly and puts it under the side that doesn't have wheels and pushes it

farmmom73

As a mom who takes her 11 yr old son showing by herself...getting the chute anywhere is a challenge.  The garden wagons are a great idea but it's still tough to get it onto the wagon without scratching the heck out of everything.  Thanks for posting this Cyfarmer!  I do like the idea of using a dolly on one end, that at least gives me something to work with.