Advice on clubby

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJB73

I have a purebred simmy heifer she is a honey x chopper nice fronted nice square  hip she is sound on the move one draw back she dose not have a big gut on her judge said tubular I think I would like to breed her club calf but don't have a clue of what is calving ease in club calf world any help would be appreciated thanks

OSmith1999

I-80, I-67, Jesse James, Frisky Whiskey are some that could work. IMO. I think I-67 or I-80 will add gut, I don't know about Frisky Whiskey only because this is his first calf crop on the ground.

frostback

I would use Grandmaster on her for her first calf, then go clubby after that. I do that with my first timers. Even use Grandmaster on my clubbier bred heifers.

OH Breeder

WHether you remember or not but OCC LEgend was great for first calf heifers and he added that needed depth of body to many calves. He also made steers with good tops and nice quarter. I keep him in the tank for those " special occassions". I know he is limited but is worth the bucks if this is a heifer you want to retain.

BroncoFan

I would suggest just getting a live calf and a healthy momma so anything calving ease would work. After that then go clubby.  I watch a lot of the online sales to see what bulls are working well with what cows and Monopoly seems to work really well on Simmi cows.

Warrior10

I'd use an Angus bull. Maybe Barstow Cash or if you want go with some sexed heifer semen. You'll get a live calf and probably a good replacement heifer prospect. Then go clubby after that if you want.

rackranch

X2, Then take a look at Chopper. Steel Force X Myer 734.. G-Luck

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
I'd use an Angus bull. Maybe Barstow Cash or if you want go with some sexed heifer semen. You'll get a live calf and probably a good replacement heifer prospect. Then go clubby after that if you want.

TJB73

Thanks for all advice think I will breed her angus first hope to get live calf and healthy baby then go clubby on her