Ag Advocacy

Help Support Steer Planet:

BDCO

There aren't many things I get fired up about. However, as i grow older the ignorance of the general public (specifically my generation) concerning agriculture really hits gets me going. There are a few movements/organizations trying to get the word out about the real story of production agriculture. I'd like everyone on here to take a look at these two websites and think about the face of agriculture in their area.

www.handsofafarmer.com

and a student led advocacy day at Texas A&M

www.tamufarmersfight.blogspot.com

Thanks

Simmgal

Good day to post this! It's National Ag Day..personally I celebrate it every day..all day... ;D

Simmgal

We do need more people who understand where their food comes from. I live in one of the top Ag counties for our State and when I visited a local elementary school, over half of the kids thought their food came from the store. When we told them bacon came from pigs, they were surprised. They didn't know steak came from cattle..

kfacres

Simmgal said:
We do need more people who understand where their food comes from. I live in one of the top Ag counties for our State and when I visited a local elementary school, over half of the kids thought their food came from the store. When we told them bacon came from pigs, they were surprised. They didn't know steak came from cattle..

does choc milk come from brown cows?  and I've never seen black and white milk--- it must go to cheese.

It must be choc chip ICECREAM?