Ag Tours near San Jose?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Stihlpro

I am taking a group of my FFA members to San Jose next week for a conference and am curious if there are any cool Ag tours near San Jose, CA?

knabe

take them to the tech museum in san jose.    there are many organic and other farmers who give tours, but they are not located near san jose.  they are in san juan bautista, hollister, watsonville, napa and other outlying areas.  call the farm bureau in san benito county or the farm bureau in santa clara county etc for information.

i assume you don't want to go wine tasting.  there are probably some cheese places as well.

Stihlpro

Thanks for the leads!  Definitely will do.  Wine tasting would get me in a world of trouble!  Kids would probably love it....... but I'd probably get fired. 

Sammy

if you can get a little bit out of San Jose two great options are - Gilroy, CA the garlic capital of the world - and then there is Watsonville, CA just to the west on the coast where many of the nations strawberries come from - all in that area are some amazing ag areas with large fields of various kinds of produce - if you are not from that area you might find it as I did, amazing in terms of scale -

knabe

Stihlpro said:
I am taking a group of my FFA members to San Jose next week for a conference and am curious if there are any cool Ag tours near San Jose, CA?

have you contacted any local FFA leaders for ideas?  it's kinda short notice at this point.