AgriGenomics

Help Support Steer Planet:

MA012

I sent some DNA samples to Agrigenomics about a month ago. I am trying to get results back on the one calf as he will be a herd sire if clean and a showsteer if he is a carrier. There was no answer at the phone number given on their website all day. Is there a better way to get test results? Weigh for steers is saturday so I need to know soon. Thanks for any help!

GKE Cattle

I needed to get some DNA work done last week so I called the number on the web site for AgriGenomics,,,no answer and could not even leave a message as the in-box was full,,so I sent an e-mail and that kept getting bounced back to me saying it was an invalide site.  So it did not take me long to find an other company to do my testing.  They answered the phone right away and were more than helpful and sent out the info and test packet the same day as I called.  It was igenity, but testing will still take 4 weeks.

SheilAnneDavis

I just used Pfizer to have one tested and was happy with the turn around time. They sent me an email as soon as they got my submission and I had PHA/TH results within 2 weeks of then. I'd use them again.

irh

I've been trying to get a hold of them also about hair testing to see if a bull is going to be fertile, you can't even leave a message.  I think they need alittle more competion if you ask me.

cpubarn

SheilAnneDavis said:
I just used Pfizer to have one tested and was happy with the turn around time. They sent me an email as soon as they got my submission and I had PHA/TH results within 2 weeks of then. I'd use them again.

I have had good luck with pfizer communicating well by e-mail.  They also take hair samples or blood cards, so no need for a vet call and purple top tubes that could freeze....

Mark

KSUwildcat2009

Did you have the correct email address for AgriGenomics?  [email protected]  The i's sometimes trip people up.  The prairieinet.net server has been having issues.  I sent an email to someone else with that server and it bounced back to me too.

irh

I was told by the amaa  that I could take a hair sample of our bull, he is a nine month bull and send it to AgiGenomics and they can determine if he is okay.  We have him up for  sale and people are asking us if we can quantee him.  This is our first time keeping a bull to sell.  Ohio State told us not to test before 11 to 12 months old.  But can't get any response to see what this hair sample is all about from AgriGenomics.

KSUwildcat2009

I don't think there is anything about fertility that can be determined from a hair sample for bulls.  If you are wanting to see if he's fertile or not, your best bet is to have a Breeding Soundness Exam done.  The only fertility related test that can be done from hair samples (i.e. DNA) that I am aware of is the Free Martin test for heifers born twin to bulls.

Latest posts