airforce one

Help Support Steer Planet:

maineanjou87

ive never used him before thought bout breeding a couple cows to him this year any opinions on him would be apreciated

maineanjou87

yea the older hereford bull i remember bout 9 years ago people some people around me used him quite a bit and i was looking through the sire listing and seen him and i dont remember what type of cows he worked on or if there were any problems with his calves

obie105

He was pretty strait. Some of his calves turned out that way too. I do remember that he gave some decent hair and style. Definently would want to use him on a sound and bigger bodied cow. IMHO there are better options out there now. 9 years ago was the start of the hereford popularity and he was one of the first clubby herefords but since then the overall quality of the breed has really went up and there are many options for clubby hereford bulls.

BlazinA

What are you trying to accomplish by using him?

We used him when he was first available thinking he might throw some steers.    We didn't have any problems with soundness but he does throw a lot of white.  Hair okay.    He may look clubby but on our cows he really didn't throw clubby calves.  On the other hand we did keep a bull sired by him and he is pictured on our web site.  www.amosherefordfarm.com
We have a few cow out of him and they milk decent but are not small by any means.    Also posted on our for sale page  is a steer sired by our son.  I would say the son we raised has thrown better calves than his sire.