Ali Females

Help Support Steer Planet:

willie

As a general rule what is the milking ability of Ali females? I have a first calf Ali heifer with good milk EPD's, just not alot of milk production. She has a tea cup udder (sort of reminds me of the Heatwaves). Does their milking ability improve much as they age? I realize she is a first calf heifer, but I have a couple more Ali's coming up and would really like to know if this is typical for them.

lowann

We have an Ali. Her calves grow like mad. Her udder isn't that big, but she produces tons!
Her Heatwave 1 heifer this year, weighed in at 70lbs at birth, Feb 23rd. She is over 600lbs now, and sound as a cat.

cattlejunky

We have two Ali cows.  Both have decent udders and both have produced the best calves the last two years.  They did not have huge udders with their first calves, but still milked well.  I wouldn't trade either one of them.  They are both great mothers.

Joe Boy

I have used Ali for over 3 years and never got a heifer, all bulls and sold everyone for a bull or club steer to the first buyer that looked at them.
I have some more coming for the fall and appreciate this information.