Alias/Yellowjacket

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlechick

I have some small to med frame cattle,some short/angus and purebred Angus for candidates. Does Alias or Yellowjacket downsize at all?

chambero

Yellowjacket wont make them smaller.  But he will make them good with enough grow to make a heavy weight show steer.

cattlechick

Do you need to use YJacket on really clean fronted ones, what does he do in that dept? Mashowcattle- thats a nicecalf in your picture there ;)

mashowcattle

thanks. yes i would use him on a clean fronted cow because thats the only thing about that steer was as he got older the heavier that front got but it wasnt bad just could have been cleaner!

Titangurl

don't know about yellowjacket but Alias I would use on Large framed cows you want to scale down.  Every one of ours has been small framed and early maturing out of Angus x cows.  Did use him on a simmi x shorthorn and he had some size too him.  I will say that ours had a lot of style and pizazz too them.  Hope this helps

TMJ Show Cattle

Better breed Alias to a really good fronted cow,cause that sucker is as straight as a string up on his front end.....Yellow Jacket should be used much more than he has,even for "haired" shows.